Idea Details

Multiple CIs on Request Ticket Type

Last activity 24 days ago
mark.mcminn's profile image
04-08-2015 12:43 PM

To properly manage request fulfillment requests, we need the ability to add multiple CIs to request ticket type. Similar to the functionality of the Change Order Form.  This would allow us to Add the Workstation CI and All the Software CIs to the same request, instead of using a change order form.

Comments

06-29-2017 11:08 AM

Thank you for submitting this idea. This idea has previously been submitted to this community. You can vote, comment and follow the original submission of the idea here:Allow adding Multiple CIs to a Request . To ensure efficient voting and collaboration, I have applied the Duplicate stage to this idea. If you believe that the idea is not a duplicate of the linked original idea, please feel free to clarify and resubmit a new idea.

02-03-2016 10:56 AM

At this time we would only need to list them on the request.  Long term I am sure my customers would like carryover of the selected CIs from Request to Change Order.

02-02-2016 11:49 PM

Thanks.  So do you need to just display multiple CI's on the Request form or do you need to process these CI's using Change before completing the Request (or possibly both?).  I'm asking because it should be (emphasis on 'should') fairly easy to add a list of CI's just to be displayed.  It will be more involved to make Request behave as a Change and/or pass multiples back and forth as they are processed.

J.W.

02-02-2016 11:39 PM

Here is a basic example.

A customer would request a new computer and a monitor.  Both items are CIs however we can only select one with request. 

We would create the change order to move the computer and monitor from the warehouse to the customer and that works to put both CIs on 1 change.

We are not using Service Catalog or Workflow.

Thanks,

MM

02-02-2016 11:32 PM

Mark,

Can you expand on your business process that would have this all on the Request rather than creating Changes from the Request?  Do you have Service Catalog implemented?  Are you using Workflow?

J.W.