Idea Details

Create a document with probes and all metrics being monitored by them

Last activity 06-13-2019 10:06 AM
khaam06's profile image
08-30-2015 09:35 AM

Hi ,

In recent times , since the documentation have been migrated to cawiki.ca.com there is not single document available which highlights all the probes with metrics they monitor at a single location or single document. There was such a document when nimsoft documentation was available at docs.nimsoft.com.

This is very helpful, as currently we need to individually go to each and every probe to extract the metrics being monitored by that probe which takes alot of time . Also , in recent times there have been new probes launch , additional metrics being added to old probes and aggregation/consolidation of multiple probes into one like cdm and since there is no central repository which does tell us unless we read the release documentation , its a herculean task to keep track of changes.

Also ,would like to request if screenshot can be added to documentation to simplify it still further .

Appreciate your help .

Thanks

Comments

09-04-2015 01:29 PM

Been discussing similar with CA resource. Was informed this week that CA was going to be aligning the probe documentation for metrics and QoS fields to be within one HTML table with inclusion of default metric polling period, thresholds, and severity. However was not provided any ETA so mileage may actually vary on how long it takes to achieve that end state.

09-03-2015 01:11 PM

Hi there Dan,  I will be sure documentation teams read/see your feedback and will encourage collaboration.

09-03-2015 10:52 AM

You can get to all the probe's QoS metrics from here:  Library of Probe Guides

I agree also that the new Wiki site is much worse than the old site in terms of material content, usability, ease of use, etc.. It was a step backwards not forward. I reference the old site for all my needs. On the wiki site its  much harder to find anything you need.

09-02-2015 02:40 PM

There used to be a big pdf with all the probes and all the metrics listed in it. Maybe that hasn't been maintained, though.

09-02-2015 09:10 AM

Hi Amit, I have shared this idea with the documentation team that supports this product.