Idea Details

Probe documentation to include raw configure details

Last activity 09-13-2017 05:22 AM
simon.colgrave's profile image
04-02-2015 01:19 PM

I propose that all documentation includes a chapter that details the functionality, acceptable values, relationship to GUI fields (if applicable) every key and section in Raw Configure.

My reasons for this request are:

1.   There are times with the GUI is too slow (vmware probe) and it's easier to change a parameter via Raw Configure.
  2.   If editing a configuration package (to create a delta package) it would be nice to know which keys I can just keep.
  3.   If a probe doesn't support "Bulk Configuration" writing a LUA script to perform the configuration is different if you don't know all the details.

?

Comments

03-04-2016 04:42 AM

Not alle environments are equal.

Since we do not have alle the hidden configuration keys, it is not possible to tweak a specific UIM configuration.
I know there are non-documented keys for the hub, data_engine, robot and several other probes.

It might be a good idea to document those keys and make them available for the engineers that request them.

11-03-2015 12:47 PM

After coming back to this idea, I'd also like to see documentation related to the probe callbacks that are available.

09-16-2015 12:14 PM

Good idea - this would be very helpful.

This could provide clarity on a lot of fine-tuning options to improve performance in big environments.

04-02-2015 06:30 PM

Oops,
just noticed the typo - item 3 should read "
  1.   If a probe doesn't support "Bulk Configuration" writing a LUA script to perform the configuration is difficult?if you don't know all the details.