Idea Details

Move the entire UMP to HTML5

Last activity 21 days ago
Anon Anon's profile image
04-05-2016 11:49 AM

Please consider moving the UMP to HTML5 a high priority.  My customers and management constantly complain of slowness and flash errors.

Comments

03-12-2018 05:55 AM

Thomas,

This is the best comment i have read in this community.

Asi

02-12-2018 04:11 PM

Hi,

As a developer my position didn't moved at all. Please bring a strong and stable web-component structure on top of this HTML5 UI. We should have more way to bring our own custom components on top of the web UI. And on the other side CA Technologies should be more receptive about community contributions.

I developped almost thirty probes for differents customers and the same thing comeback every times... How do we manage the probe i developed from MCS, AC or Portal ?? We dont.

Otherwise if i hade to make a list : 

- A clean, responsive and flexible alarms console (Customers complain a lot about the actual one, lacking of features and customisation possibility). 

- Chart QoS: The must should be Chart renderer with the GPU (Canvas, Wasm, WebGL) with an SSE Bridge for data (WebSocket cost to much). Recent version of JavaScript comes with the possibility to play well with buffers (Loading a one years chart in less than 3 seconds is not a dream).

- Infrastructure Management: For me Admin Console UX Design is a joke. Take a breath and come back at the work made on Nimsoft IM (The UX sensation was good.. Why do you thing most people prefer Nimsoft IM at AC ?).

And please GOD. Separate this UI from the product... Loosing the whole monitoring history when the product is down is ridiculous.

That's my opinion !  

Best Regards,

Thomas

02-08-2018 12:43 PM

Dear NFA Community Members, 

We are currently reviewing this idea. And we will get back with an update. 

If we move the UI to HTML5 then it is going to be phased approach. What would be the top 10 things would first prefer in the new HTML5 UI?

Thanks,

Nagesh 

05-04-2017 12:40 PM

Hi,

They need to rewrite the entire "liferay" concept. Not an easy tasks at all. But if they do, we seriously need a clean web-component structure.

It would be cool for implementing new module (And provide a way for developer(s) to create their own).

Best Regards,

Thomas

04-25-2016 07:02 PM

to product management:  please review and mark as duplicate if you agree

vacro02 Jim.Perkins

04-19-2016 05:00 AM

I think with all the issues that Flash have, this can only be a good thing!

04-18-2016 05:07 AM

Hi Greg, you are right,

sorry for the confusion, and thanks for pointing it out.

Marco

04-15-2016 11:14 AM

This idea/request is referring to the entire UMP, not limited to just the USM portlet.

04-15-2016 07:42 AM

Already existing IDEA:

USM -> HTML5