Idea Details

Option to list objects/tasks by name instead of title

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:20 AM
Michael Lowry's profile image
04-26-2018 05:55 AM

The wfDisplaySettings AWI configuration option added the ability to specify whether child tasks of workflows should be displayed by their names or their titles. This affects only the workflow editor and workflow monitor.

There should be an option that allows one to specify whether child tasks of workflows should be displayed by their names or their titles globally, including contexts such as:

• The Objects selection pane in the workflow editor
  • The History widget

This idea originates in this comment by @elmph01.

This idea is included in the list of Java UI features that are missing from AWI.

Comments

05-27-2018 09:57 AM

I alway wanted to know what is the fireld called "Description" in the Activity Window. Maybe it is something that could be used if it is possible to access it and fill it with proper information. Now is it available also for the "PRocess Assembly" view I don't know and I doubt ....

Other option could be to use the "Custom Attribute" field if it can be really use for that.

Once again an idea from someone that is not working in the field and has no real customer experience I guess.

05-03-2018 04:26 AM

Yeah, AlainMoisy, I thought of this too. We have several teams who store AE object XML in an external system and who use the Title field to store versioning information. E.g.,

++ Version 1.3.5.6; @mal; Imported into AE_DEV client 0001 on 2018.05.02 09:45:30 ++

For these teams, it is obviously not useful to display such titles as the primary identifier of objects. If the Title field is intended to replace the Name as the identifier by which objects are displayed and found in the AWI, this will require a change in the way these teams work:

• They will have to begin putting uniquely identifying descriptions in the Title field; and
  • They will have to find another place to store versioning information. (Any ideas? The archive key and int. account fields are too short, and DOCU tabs are cumbersome & not displayed in object lists.)

05-02-2018 12:45 PM

Interesting to see that no ones has imagined that in some cases there is no title in many object definitions or an identical title for all objects like "Migrated from xxxxx" .....  No comment.