Idea Details

CA Service Virtualization: HL7 Healthcare Enhancements to "Productize"

Last activity 05-29-2019 05:44 PM
Anon Anon's profile image
02-22-2016 09:54 AM

I am new to both CA Service Virtualization and HL7 request/responses but I have learned quite a bit within the last four months.  I am the Lead Service Virtualization here at CHI and I believe we are closer to getting a solution that we feel should definitely become a part of DevTest.

With the help of a talented CA developer (Ashutosh Satyam) and requirements provided by CHI, we are a step closer to providing a solution for our complex testing requirements.  This custom work includes an HL7 Data Protocol Handler that converts a text HL7 message (bi-directional) to an XML format specific to our business.  It also includes a step in the .vsm model that acts like a “client” and can send one to many responses depending on the type of HL7 message sent. With this custom code, it reads and iterates through a list of responses sending them to a configurable IP/Port address. It includes additional capability of providing a wait time for each response before sending.

I am learning that the “standard” HL7 is deceptive and mapping can be challenging.  I have overcome some of this with the use of the Request Data Manager.  This has helped condense the request and identify the pertinent fields I may need to send back within any given response.  I have found the use of this just a little bit limiting, but have made some suggestions for enhancing this functionality (shameless plug here).

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235729712

The creation of this service is built off of request/response pairs which includes an ACK for the TCP/IP connection, then one to many responses within the logical transactions.  We know that CA Service Virtualization acts like a server by receiving the request and only has the ability to send back one response based on the TCP/IP protocol connection.  By including these enhancements to the base DevTest, the functionality to have SV act as a client sending additional responses, configurable IP and ports for sending, and response delay times could be available to all.

I noticed this post was first originated almost two years ago requesting an enhancement for support for HL7 within SV and Test.

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/112190863

Then I noticed this post concerning sending multiple responses for a request.

https://communities.ca.com/ideas/112190863

Please help me vote up for this request to “Productize” support for HL7 Service Virtualization and break into new ground for the healthcare industry.

Thank you, Jude Baffico

Comments

12-11-2016 10:30 PM

Hello, I am trying to create Virtual Service of HL7 version 2.6 messages using "create image using req/rsp pair". I noticed you have done this. For me it created the model but the request is not identified as the format is not xml. Also argument list is blank. I could not figure out which data protocol should i select. Would you be able to share the steps you performed to create vsi ? Thanks in advance.