Idea Details

NCM Policies on Global Collections

Last activity 03-23-2017 06:40 AM
Anon Anon's profile image
09-01-2014 09:00 AM

My customer (SSE) would like the option to be able to apply an NCM Policy across all device families in a GC.

Currently this is not an option and he has to re-create the same policy as many time as the number of device families exist in the GC.

I have seen this issue referenced elsewhere but I have not been able to find it today to reference it in this post.

I appreciate that some functions may not be valid across all devices in all families but where they are this would be quite a time-saver!

Kind Regards

Lesley

Comments

03-23-2017 06:40 AM

There were many ideas regarding how to improve NCM, I hope they get reviewed this year :/

03-23-2017 06:39 AM

That wouldn't be a good design choice though, since you want to change a certain policy once and not have to reflect you changes to each and every copied policy thereafter.

Policies should be granular and integrate wherever necessary.

03-30-2015 06:16 AM

The main policy action is a plain (dumb) text comparison because Spectrum does not understand confguration content.

Any optional corrective (upload) actions are run in a single device context.

Having said that, I don't see any technical reason for this fixed family/policy relation. If there is a reason, CA please let us know.

So all thumbs up for this idea!

03-20-2015 05:08 AM

But when change that policy, you have to change all copies. :-(

09-08-2014 11:13 AM

An alternate approach that might work just as well would be a copy/paste of NCM policies.  If you could copy a Cisco IOS policy and change the family to Cisco IOS + SSH, that would save a ton of time.