Idea Details

OpenJDK support for CA SSO

Last activity 06-13-2019 09:40 AM
filam01's profile image
02-06-2017 08:06 AM

Oracle is now aggressively charging for the corporate use of JDK and this is a requirement under our compatibility matrix for CA SSO.
We could start to support OpenJDK to avoid this high cost being an issue.

Comments

03-20-2019 03:40 PM

CA SSO team is now posting Oracle Java patches to the CA SSO Patch (CR) download site.

CA Single Sign-On Hotfix/Cumulative Release Index - CA Technologies 

There is a document with these patches that reinforces that these patches are only to be used with CA SSO.   Once you navigate to the patch site the patches are available at the "Oracle Java Non-Public Patch Updates" link.

03-19-2019 11:04 AM

Is the last comment stating that CA SSO customers will be able to obtain JDK patches from Broadcom directly at no extra cost?  Thanks!

01-08-2019 02:58 PM

I have confirmed that I will be able to post Oracle JDK patches for Java 1.8 for use within the CA SSO application (only)  by CA SSO customers.   The logistics of the posting of these patches is being rebuilt within the Broadcom systems. I will update this space as soon as that is complete.  It should be completed this month. 

12-20-2018 04:30 PM

Thank you . Getting asked by management so will let them know something should be coming along.

12-20-2018 04:19 PM

Hi.  I am working on the logistics of what/how we will be able to offer on Java 1.8 patches.  I will target an update to this space by Jan 8. 

12-20-2018 03:50 PM

Any new update here? Commercial Users updates for Java 8 is set to end January 2019 I believe and haven't seen confirmation on what CA customers are supposed to do when we start getting dinged by security. Really deserves a stick on the main CA SSO content page for "Here's what you need to know about Java upgrades".

The only Java patches I see at the cumulative release site were the old Java 1.7 ones CA provided.

11-05-2018 07:29 AM

Herbert,

The alternate proposed by you - CA SSO could potentially bundle Oracle JDK will also work for me.
Do we already have a planned date for next version of CA SSO? 

Regards,

Vivek

10-29-2018 02:38 PM

All,

Would this approach be a possible solution? 

Instead of supporting OpenJDK, CA SSO could potentially bundle Oracle JDK and then potentially provide all ongoing Oracle JDK fixes to CA SSO customers for use with CA SSO and CA SSO customers would not need to pay for Oracle JDK fixes.  That would address the Oracle JDK cost issue (for you) and ensure CA support team would have known quantity (Oracle JDK) and known cadence of fixes issued by Oracle. 

Per this note:

https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231183717-idea-votes-for-the-next-version-of-ca-single-sign-on

we are going to review vote totals for enhancement items at end of Nov. and this one is high on the list today:

09-17-2018 08:06 AM

I have one more customer request for certified openJDK support for SSO.

Thanks,
Sharan

05-28-2018 03:26 AM

Surprisingly CA internal also have this idea. Oracle's move greatly discourages use of their version of Java and makes it unsecured without continuous support and security enhancements.

02-23-2017 01:35 PM

We are looking at openJDK as the Enterprise JDK going forward. So when can we expect CA to support openJDK for CA SSO components?

02-23-2017 01:24 PM

I have one more customer request for certified openJDK support for SSO

02-23-2017 11:45 AM

Thank you for your contribution of an enhancement idea to the CA Community. CA is continually working to improve its software and services to best meet the needs of its customers. Your input is vital to that effort. The CA Single Sign-On Product Management team is reviewing your enhancement suggestion following the process outlined here: https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231170123

The Community will continue to be able to vote on this enhancement idea.

02-10-2017 06:38 AM

Since the OracleJDK has now a highly cost of support to the client and OpenJDK came with Red Hat and is supported by Red Hat. The idea is validate and add OpenJDK to our compatibility matrix. Today we have no option as we have for database.