Idea Details

Ability to create new Device Types

Last activity 19 days ago
DCAlmeida's profile image
02-28-2017 04:00 AM

Today we are closed to Router, Switch, Server and Devices.

We cannot create new Device Types in DeviceTypes.xml but many customers are telling us they have many network devices which are not Switches or Routers (device is too ambiguous).

I give you an example: a big telco company are asking us to create a new device type "Wireless Controller", these devices are categorized as Switch. Using their SysOID I can put them into Devices but this is not acceptable to them. Like this device type there are a few more...

Please, consider this idea

Comments

06-20-2017 12:01 PM

This is a great idea and a duplicate of https://communities.ca.com/ideas/103011417 - as i commented in this idea the first step is to give you some additional device types and then ultimately let you add your own - this is getting new focus and attention as we build our roadmap for NetOps

03-23-2017 06:14 PM

thats an absolutely MUST for 2017! ;-)

03-07-2017 10:26 AM

The network we manage also includes many devices we care about that would benefit from an expansion on Device Types; Media Gateways, IP Phones, Conference Bridges, UPS', Communication / Call Manager's to name a few.

Most of these already exist in other data sources --> Spectrum, UCM, UIM etc. <-- would be great to have them in CAPM as well.