Idea Details

Alarm View doesn't display the NimID??

Last activity 12-17-2016 01:10 PM
Anon Anon's profile image
09-29-2015 07:37 PM

Does the Alarm View really not display the NimID anywhere?

We're trying to make the switch from Alarm Console to Alarm View but we use the NimID for an integration.  We can't use Alarm View if it doesn't have the ability to display ALL information about the alarm like Alarm Console does.

Comments

10-30-2015 11:27 AM

We use the NimID for an integration we have with Tivoli and need that information readily available for troubleshooting.  Right now I still have to use Alarm Console or the alarm subconsole routinely to get that alarm field.  I think the frustrating part for existing customers is that CA essentially reinvented the wheel with Alarm View instead of simply recreating the functionality that already existed in Alarm Console.  I'm not sure why CA chose to explicitly hide the NimID in Alarm View, so much so that users don't even have the option to add it as a column like every other alarm field.  To me, it's part of the alarm and needs to be made available in the Alarm View like all other alarm fields.

10-30-2015 10:58 AM

1_JM,

Thank you for the idea.  What is the value to you in knowing the NimID?  If you saw it in the alarm view, what would you do with it?

09-30-2015 06:51 AM

We have noticed that the ability to display all the information about an alarm is missing and is the main reason why we are still using the alarm console

09-30-2015 12:48 AM

I've also been missing it