Idea Details

OPSLOG - MCS Console-like Message and Command Behaviors

Last activity 27 days ago
SAL COSTANZO's profile image
10-31-2018 08:38 AM

Not sure if others would find this helpful?  (Maybe it is already there and I don’t know how to set it?)

Go into OPSLOG and select a profile for a specific console name.  This would show ALL non-suppressed messages that this console normally receives.

It could benefit OPS/MVS admins in seeing if there are msgs being sent to specific consoles that can be suppressed.

It could also benefit operators that are working remotely (not near their normal console) so they can watch the messages they are used to seeing.  Operators using OPSLOG as a console can be overwhelmed with the amount of messages in there.  This would be a way to filter to what they ‘normally’ see. 

Not sure how it would be handled if they were to issue an operator command, as the command would be issued on the OPS Console they are on and the responses would not be seen?

Maybe when a specific console is picked, OPSLOG displays the OPS console as well, so they can issue cmds and see the responses?

Comments

05-21-2019 01:09 PM

This Idea has been review by OPS/MVS engineering and its Status has been marked as Duplicate.  Similar results can be achieved via  this idea which has been marked as Wish-Listed:

OPSLOG - Add ROUTE and DISP Fields to L2 Profile 

10-31-2018 10:39 AM

Yes I think with this ROUTE and DISP addition you'll be able to get  better results.

10-31-2018 09:02 AM

Maybe a combination of your request and this one can be done at the same time.  Very similar, but slightly different results.

Thanks Dave!

10-31-2018 08:48 AM

I asked for something similar in OPSLOG - Add ROUTE and DISP Fields to L2 Profile 

Its currently wish-listed.