Idea Details

BOXI reporting filters for 'Last Week', 'Last Quarter'

Last activity 06-13-2019 10:09 AM
Tammy Zadell's profile image
06-23-2014 05:59 PM

PdmToday functionality should be expanded for both Last Quarter (The True Last Quarter) and Last Week (The true Last week). 

Last Week - Running a weekly report on the 'Past 7 days' only shows data that is relative to the date/time the report is run.  It would be better to run weekly reports for teams that are all based on the same static work week.  If a weekly report doesn't run right and has to be re-run the next day, then you lose 1 day of data in that weekly report.  Having a static 'Last Week' would also allow you to better space out your weekly scheduled reports and not have to try to run them all right after midnight.

Last Quarter - Businesses do many things based on quarters.  I would think that the ability to run quarterly reports is something that many customers would also want.

Comments

03-21-2019 01:40 AM

Jaspersoft provides inbuilt functionality to use relative dates apart from fixed date time. For example, I can use "In Between" function on Incident Open Date to find out all incidents that were created between the current week and the last week by using relative time stamp (Week & Week-1) from the date chooser. It is present in the 17.2 release.   

05-21-2018 07:41 AM

We are moving from BOXI to Jasper reporting. Filter for DAY, WEEK, MONTH, QUARTER & YEAR will available once we release transactional reporting in Jasper report.

03-27-2017 07:02 AM

Hi Pravesh,

It will be great if you can list out the metrics which are important to you.

Rather than providing this functionality just for certain metrics, I would instead like to see PdmLastWeek and PdmLastQuarter added (like the PdmToday functionality), so that these can be used for any report. 

Thanks.

Tammy

03-27-2017 02:57 AM

This idea is being Wish-Listed for potential inclusion in a future release.

tzadell It will be great if you can list out the metrics which are important to you.

Before this idea moves to the next stage (Currently Planned or Not Planned), I would like to invite community members to please provide additional input and/or vote. Please note that Wish-listed ideas are selected for inclusion in a release based on multiple factors including - number of votes from community members, alignment of idea with a release's themes and goals, complexities and risks involved in implementing the idea, so a timeframe for availability of the idea as a product feature/functionality cannot be provided. Additionally, the implementation of your idea may not be exactly as requested and/or may be delivered in a new user experience.

03-11-2016 09:48 AM

Hi Jussi/Tammy,

As the Query itself is not being changed,  providing values into the report parameters (Query Filters) during scheduling would not cause an issue.  The report would always show only what the Report Filters were coded to, which is hard coded in the report and can't be changed during the Schedule.  That's the restriction of the solution discussed above.

So, I think we could still use an enhancement on the creation of PDM functions for Last Week etc.,

_R

03-11-2016 02:30 AM

Tammy, the variable "Last Week" should actually be called "Week Difference" or something, it takes the difference in the current week number and the week number of the open date of each tickets and shows the diff as an integer. You can then use this as a filter like mentioned on step 5.

The problem with that solution might be that as far as I know it is a view-time filter instead of run-time filter, so you can't really automate the delivery of that report.

03-10-2016 11:49 PM

Hi Chi.... I looked at the document, but unless I'm missing something, I'm not seeing where you are defining what 'last week' is?  I want last week to be a static time period -- for example, the beginning of the day on Monday to the end of the day on Sunday.  I would like to be able to run a report on any day of the week if needed, that will include data in that static time period for what we see as 'last week', rather than it being the past 7 days.  And the same thing for 'last quarter' etc.

Thanks,

Tammy

09-22-2015 06:29 PM

Yes, excellent idea!

01-18-2015 01:01 PM

I truly agree on this..