Idea Details

Create GUI for GRLoader/ADT for CMDB

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:13 AM
jennifer1's profile image
06-26-2013 12:08 PM

Create an integrated, user-friendly interface for CMDB administrators conducting mass loads/updates via ADT/GRLoader.  The current application is archaic and extremely time consuming both in installation, set up and daily use as well as in troubleshooting errors/issues.  I appreciate the recent improvements in TWA in SDM 12.6  but more effort needs to be put in to overhaul this entire bulk data load/update process altogether.  We would be happy to provide a list of desired features/requirements based on our experiences with using this application for 3 years.

Comments

07-20-2017 09:13 AM

Hello Carol,

As we have make this work few years ago already and  may you want to see the Stefanini "GRloader" internally developed app in action  for CA to grab ideas, I will bee more than happy to provide a demo of it to CA people.

Just let me know.

/J

07-20-2017 08:58 AM

This idea is being Wish-Listed for potential inclusion in a future release.

Before this idea moves to the next stage (Currently Planned or Not Planned), I would like to invite community members to please provide additional input and/or vote. We are particularly interested in additional details regarding requirements and/or challenges that you need to address.

Please note that Wish-listed ideas are selected for inclusion in a release based on multiple factors including - number of votes from community members, alignment of idea with a release's themes and goals, complexities and risks involved in implementing the idea, so a timeframe for availability of the idea as a product feature/functionality cannot be provided. Additionally, the implementation of your idea may not be exactly as requested and/or may be delivered in a new user experience. 

06-05-2017 01:24 PM

Hello everyone,

Please if you can review and vote for this idea, another idea that would help a lot to improve CA CMDB.

Thank you.
Francisco

02-15-2017 08:20 AM

03-08-2016 01:37 PM

as an add to my previous this utility need to provide  the possibity to be used remotely wihout any dependency with possibility to both send data to twa and be able to commit t the cmdb  with the ease of a button.

02-25-2016 06:10 AM

We created our own utility that upload data using web service in the backend but would like to see such functionality coming as part of the product

10-20-2015 12:46 PM

I Agree.

We can identify this need, everyone need it, look for another idea.

Extend pdm_load and pdm_userload functionality

Like the GUI from ITAM Data Importer

09-29-2015 03:33 PM

This is an area that we (CA) have looked at in the past. As Gutis indicated in the reply to Adriana, we originally did have some graphical tools focused on helping to load CMDB data, but the capabilities were quickly outstripped by the immense variety of information that folks were using to populate the system and it was discontinued as it rapidly became useless. As things have had a bit of a chance to settle down in this area now, we may have the opportunity to draw from the requirements that you (the customer community) have seen to see  if there is a practical approach that we can take to fulfill this desire. We do not have the resources to create a full-on data transformation toolset for this purpose, but with a clearer understanding of your specific needs, we may be able to provide some relief in an upcoming release.

jennifer1 indicated that she is willing to post their specific requirements. Can we get those and any additional ones from the community posted here?

08-19-2015 05:09 PM

As I remember there was some tool with graphical interface that was discarded

08-19-2015 05:05 PM

We need a real data upload tool incorporated as part of the management options of the solution for anything that involves a bulk data to CA SDM (not only the CMDB). A graphical interface to facilitate data loading, to make data transformations and validations. Something like that has CA CSM, so, also has the possibility of defining indexes according to business rules to avoid duplication of data, such that the customer can define, for example, by the Localization table,  name field as key to prevent repeated records. A tool with which we do not have to use command lines, manual checks, additional querys or .bat. Thanks,

Not only  a GUI interface for GRLoader for CMDB, is required for everything other loads data into the system and to replace everything currently done manually or by command line as: deref, pdm_load, pdm_extract . etc.

12-04-2014 05:28 PM

Would be nice to be able to upload a spreadsheet to a GUI, and map the spreadsheet columns to the configuration item fields. The GUI could then make web service calls to perform the updates so that the pdm_load, grloader, pdm_settenant commands and corresponding input files would no longer be necessary to perform bulk loads. Additionally, this would reduce the number of users needing remote desktop access to the application servers.