Idea Details

Bug Tracking System

Last activity 6 days ago
Anon Anon's profile image
04-02-2015 11:25 AM

I think it would be a great idea to not have to post bugs or software defects as "ideas". I think ideas should really be feature requests, where as a bug tracking system can be used to report defects that are already known -- this way if there is a known issue or open bug report I can actually see it.?

This should save time and duplicated effort for support and for customers.

Comments

10-01-2015 08:23 AM

it's often a thin line between Enhancement and Defect, but perhaps even Defects deserve a vote as a way to help prioritise work?

The big advantage of discussing 'everything' in the community is that others can also learn, and share work-arounds - maybe it makes more sense to use Tags like #Defect or #Enhancement, and then it's just a matter of letting the moderators add value by adding tags as appropriate (it would also allow easier filtering by end users)

08-06-2015 11:42 AM

I am going to forward a copy of this mail to our Support Leadership Team and Idea Community Leadership. . Customers absolutely should NOT have to submit defects as Ideas and I want to make sure that policy is clear to our customers - ideas and enhancements are for extending and improving the product experience not fixing defects in the code. Now there is the situation where the software code is not defective but the design presents challenges for customers to be successful - this is an area I feel we need to work on a better process for customers - today design defects are not consistently handled - some are treated as defects and others are pushed to ideas - I am going to recommend we 1.) make sure it is clear to customers that code defects should NOT require idea to resolve and 2.) work to come up with a more effective way to handle design issues (Works as designed but the design has problems for our customers).

07-29-2015 08:47 PM

I have edited this idea and included all CA products of this Community as this idea would be applicable to all products.