Idea Details

SNMP Profile sync between Spectrum and PM

Last activity 02-19-2017 04:49 PM
Edward Royston's profile image
02-17-2017 03:58 AM

I have a customer (a medium sized MSP) that has a number of customers with different SNMP community strings for their devices. They are using the standard integration between Spectrum and PM in order to monitor each customer (with associated GCs, etc. present).

Within Spectrum they have multiple SNMP community strings defined (sometimes multiple per customer). Having to re-enter every community string into PM in order to monitor devices is not only tedious, it ends up being a process issue for onboarding/offboarding new/old customers. Ideally this should be automated.

Therefore, this idea is to extend the current integration functionality to create (and possibly remove) the SNMP profiles between Spectrum and PM.

I know that there are challenges around SNMP management in Spectrum (there isn't a concept of SNMP Profiles like under PM). However, it would be worth working towards getting this functionality in place.

Comments

02-19-2017 02:11 PM

Just opened it up there... :-)

02-17-2017 04:04 AM

Hi Ed

you may open this idea also in public community. I am sure you will find a lot of supporters