Idea Details

Allow the addition of new Units as part of Self-Certification process

Last activity 05-31-2019 01:51 AM
Fernando Galbier's profile image
03-06-2014 09:33 AM

TODAY
According to the Power User Certification Guide, there is a predefined list of 14 units you can use to label graphs like: Percent, Packets, PacketsPerSecond and 11 others.
CHALLENGE:
The Self-Certification process is flexible enough to allow certification of technologies that eventually can use units that go beyond the 14 predefined ones like Celsius/Farenheint (for temperature), dBm (for Optical Signal Power) and others.
IDEA:
Allow the addition of new Units as part of Self-Certification process. It could be available in the /typecatalog or /rest webservices.

Comments

08-22-2017 09:32 AM

Hello Maragaret,

I have to disagree with you. As you can see the idea war opened 2014. At that time 4 units were mentioned which are still not in the product (3.1 June Update)!

So I think we, the user, can add additional units. Furthermore, as a customer, we cannot always wait years for CA to implement the requirements!

As a first serve: Please add the 4 units in 3.2 September update. Should certainly not be a big effort.

Karsten

11-10-2015 12:28 PM

Hello, All,

I do not believe that we have made the decision to "allow the addition of new Units as part of Self-Certification process," currently.  However, we have added to the selection of units you can use to label graphs since this was opened in March 2014.  Once r2.7 comes out, please take a look and report back which unit labels may still be needed.

Thanks,

Margaret CA PM

07-10-2015 09:06 AM

Yup, Great ideas...

Here is the URL for the other Idea voting should be focused on for this request that Andrew1 had already submitted.

Idea - Make the Rate tag available for all counters

Got my vote.

07-10-2015 05:58 AM

Anyone else needs this? Start voting!

03-19-2014 02:06 PM

Andrew1,

Just read your idea and got my vote! While it asks for the rate tag for counter metrics, this idea asks for the possibility to insert new labels or legends in graphs for metrics in general (counter and non-counter metrics).

My personal experience was self-certifying GPON ONT components. There were some optical metrics measured in decibel milliwatts, or dBm. They are not counters tough, probably they can be called "gauge" since they are integer numbers in a range from 0 to -99.

In this case, all I need is the legend "dBm" in the graph, but it would be nice to be able to add those legends (or Units) as needed.

03-17-2014 05:45 PM

This idea already exists in a more complete form. search for:
Idea - Make the Rate tag available for all counters

Having 2 of the same idea just fragments the votes.