Idea Details

Periodic status updates from CA for ideas with more than 30 votes.

Last activity 21 days ago
FRANK ELLIGER's profile image
03-27-2015 08:05 AM

My suggestion is, that CA should comment all ideas with more than 30 votes within 8 weeks.

And: The status of this ideas should be checked quarterly!

Why?

The IM Community is full with ideas, e.g. 423 only for Spectrum. Most of them have the status "New".

9 of the "new" have more than 30 votes.

But, what means "new"?

1 from this "Top 9" is from 2011, 1 from 2012, 4 from 2013 and 3 are from 2014.

No idea from this group is younger than 6 months.

This means "new"!

For the curious, here is a screenshot with the top 9 "new" spectrum ideas:

Pic6.jpg

Comments

06-26-2017 05:02 AM

This should be sorted out soon. 

03-17-2016 11:24 AM

Things were going really well for a while, but there are quite a few ideas right now that have more than 30 votes and are still listed as new, and quite a few more that have been under review for 6 months or more with no feedback.  Can we get some updates, please? 

08-25-2015 11:19 AM

agree,  suggest you add this as an idea to the The Water Cooler community so it can be tracked accordingly

08-21-2015 08:13 AM

Thats a good idea!

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

08-05-2015 02:07 PM

Another thing that might be helpful would be a timestamp on the tag so we can tell when the last official update was.

08-04-2015 10:07 PM

Yes Shaun, we did suggest this new state where we can convey through the status that this has been "read" - while we do post comments on the idea, the status would be more appealing..

I know Melissa/Melanie and team are looking into this.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

08-04-2015 06:59 AM

Why not use the term 'acknowledged' for those ideas taken out of new but not yet under review. In that way customers will be aware that PM have seen the idea, but that it's not yet been allocated, or reached the stage of 'under review'.

I tend to agree, that seeing ideas as 'new' when quite old is not helpful or informative for anyone.

07-31-2015 08:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I posted the idea as suggested. Maybe you want to vote for it:

Highlighting of CA comments in the community (e.g. ideas and discussion)

So thank you Melissa for pointing out to The Water Cooler community - I haven't noticed it before.

Best regards

Kristian

06-20-2015 02:13 AM

Thank you, Melissa! It's a good beginning.

06-19-2015 06:44 AM

Kristian,  please add your idea about highlighting comments to the The Water Cooler community so we can track this as an idea for the platform. Not saying it will happen but don't want this idea to get lost in the thread.  Thank you.

06-19-2015 06:41 AM

Dan, would suggest you add the suggestion on the SLA on ideas w/vote threshold to the PM community so we can continue that discussion there and others can weigh in..

06-19-2015 03:37 AM

Hi Kiran,

I think this is a very good point from Frank. Sure we can look up the names in the Product Management list and sure we will remember the names and positions after a while, but when you quickly read through a long list of comments you simply overlook comments made by CA because all the comments have the same look.

What about highlighting the comments from CA employees or Product Managers? Maybe a different background color (light blue?) or a different text color? This would definitely help to very quickly see and notice the statements made by CA.

I would really appreciate it and I hope the rest of the community agrees.

Best regards

Kristian

05-15-2015 02:32 AM

Please check the detail status of ideas for CA Spectrum posted by kiran_diwakar here: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-infrastructure-management/blog/2015/05/14/spectrum-community-ideas

Thanks,

Nagesh

05-14-2015 10:12 PM

Hey Everyone I am the PM lead for CA PM and starting next quarter we are goign to try to do the same with regard to providing a quarterly update - I also like the idea of an SLA on ideas that achieve a vote threshold - this is a great idea!

05-14-2015 06:25 AM

Hello,

As a first step, please see the summary as the first update on ideas:

Row LabelsCount of Status on Community
Delivered4
New1
Not Planned5
UNDER REVIEW35
(blank)
Grand Total45

I will also be attaching/sending the exact ideas with their current status.We will be a lot more frequent with these updates.

Hope this is a good start..

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

05-13-2015 10:00 PM

Hi Frank, Recently I published the product managers covering all the products in this community, here is the document Product Management Contacts

This is just the beginning of what I know we need to do to improve communication of ideation status in this community, expect more good things to come. Keep the feedback coming!

04-01-2015 07:29 AM

Hi Frank,

Sure, let me take this up with our community managers (incidentally talking to her today about some other suggestions related to ideation from customers I met last week in Germany)

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

04-01-2015 02:29 AM

Hi Kiran,

I think, many of the community members don't know, who are the owner PMs.

A key word or an other sign will make it easier for us to see:

This is the opinion of the owner PM.

Regards Frank

03-31-2015 12:04 PM

Hi Frank,

I apologize, I did not understand.

Each of the owner PMs for the product lines convey official stance on this.

In this case, I am the Spectrum owner and speak with that authority.

With that said, are you suggesting we use some key word for commitments or those kind of updates?

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

03-30-2015 07:08 AM

Hello Kiran,

thank you for your response and be sure, I will look for the changes.

I've seen that all "Top 9" new spectrum ideas got also a response.

And here is the next suggestion:

Is it possible to mark "offical" answers from CA so that everyone can see: "This is a statement from CA (or from a special development team) and not the the position of a single member."
Regards, Frank

03-28-2015 04:03 AM

Hello Frank,

Very well taken point. Let me tell you that we have reviewed almost ALL of the ideas that have more than 20 votes.

We have a weekly cross functional meeting to review ideas for Spectrum and we have a word on many of these.

Having said that - I agree and acknowledge, we haven't updated these for some time - variety of things, but I will not go into that, from your point of view, you do not see the status changed and that is not right. I assure you, you will see the status updates very soon.

Also, in the last few months, there have been some great points that customers/users called out regarding ideation and some things we ought to change.

For example, we do update the ideas, ask questions, but until we have someone looking at the idea, I cannot change the status from "New" to "Under Review" - that could be something we could look at - have another state or something.
I will work with the community management for this

Thanks once again for pointing this out and keeping us on our toes. As I said, rest assured, you will see changes and I will touch upon this during my webcast in a couple weeks

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar