Idea Details

Bring R/I/P properties functionality on Unified Self Service interface.

Last activity 25 days ago
oztoz01's profile image
01-21-2015 07:30 AM

While getting familiar with Service Management 14.1, I was surprised after noticing area properties are not presented on USS interface. Thought this would be a bug and contacted the support team. Apparently this function is not available for keeping things simpler.

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't understand how this very favored function of SDM is simply axed just for simplicity. Area properties hardly introduce any complexity and the benefits are well worth the effort.

• They reduce or eliminate analyst callbacks, saving time
  • They provide valuable reporting data

Attached are two screenshots showing the issue. Personally, I think Unified Self Sevice should provide the exact functionality of SDM r12 for the end-user.

Comments

03-20-2019 05:05 AM

This idea has been delivered with the 17.2 release. Now Request and Incident properties is available to the business user during the ticket creation process using Service Point (new business user interface). For more information, please refer to Service Point - CA Service Management - 17.2 Documentation

02-20-2018 04:25 AM

Request and Incident properties will be available to the business user during the ticket creation process as proposed in our new business user interface which would be an enhancement/replacement to our current USS offering.

10-27-2017 08:45 AM

Hi

And you can share the configs that you did to bring proporties to uss interface?

06-08-2017 02:53 PM

Oh nice work arround.. 

For sure CA need to add out of the box feature in USS for property in category... 

05-11-2017 05:23 AM

Hi @AndriesJNel ,

Can you please share the implementation steps and code , it beneficial for other developers to implement same type of requirement.

Thanks,

Venkat

04-26-2017 06:50 AM

please see my post below, i developed something that is dynamic

04-26-2017 06:44 AM

Hi Everyone,

While waiting / hoping for this to be including in a future release I have developed a fully working and fully dynamic integration on Catalog Forms / USS to dynamically retrieve and display the category properties from CA SDM on to the catalog/uss forms to the end user. 

I display a list of desired, or all categories to the end user in a drop down / select list - using the ootb ca_sdm_category field/lookup but with a modified report function.

When the user selects a category from the list then using Catalog Reports and some javascript in the form i go and fetch all the properties associated to that category, I determine the sequence and the type of proeprty (text, Validation Rule/Drop down etc) and I dynamically display the properties including all validation rule values / drop down values to the end user to populate. 

If the user then selects a different category from the drop down list then all the properties clear/reset and the process starts over. 

When the user submits the ticket then using a PAM workflow i log the R/I/P in CA SDM and populate all of the properties.

All in all this is a working solution which can be very quickly duplicated/expanded to make displaying SDM category properties dynamically and relaibly to the the end users on USS to complete, irrespective of the category and how many categories are in the list to the user.

This resolves my original requirement/problem.

Bring R/I/P properties functionality on Unified Self Service interface.

04-03-2017 04:13 AM

This idea is being Wish-Listed for potential inclusion in a future release.

Before this idea moves to the next stage (Currently Planned or Not Planned), I would like to invite community members to please provide additional input and/or vote. Please note that Wish-listed ideas are selected for inclusion in a release based on multiple factors including - number of votes from community members, alignment of idea with a release's themes and goals, complexities and risks involved in implementing the idea, so a timeframe for availability of the idea as a product feature/functionality cannot be provided. Additionally, the implementation of your idea may not be exactly as requested and/or may be delivered in a new user experience. 

08-25-2016 10:03 AM

Small update from our side: we finally managed to have a USS/Catalog service display SDM area properties (through some custom logic on the Catalog forms). The issue of course being that if your service needs to go create a ticket in SDM with an area that has mandatory properties there is no way to get this done in a dynamic way (every area can have other properties, some mandatory, some not, different property field types etc etc).

We of course would encourage CA to come up with out of the box support for this requirement.

08-25-2016 09:47 AM

Link idea to allow USS to open Requests in SDM without need for SC.

Option to create both incidents and requests in Unified Self Service 

Updated:

The above link is marked as a Duplicate, here is the direct link to the Idea CA said came first.

Limitation on CA Open Space 

J.W.

03-30-2016 03:57 AM

This is standard functionality in Service Desk and if we want to promote the use of USS properties should be added to USS. Users can provide additional information up front and will reduce turn around times.

03-22-2016 05:27 AM

Agree 100%, this should be there as it vastly improves user experience and reduces call tat

01-28-2016 04:05 AM

Sooo... we tried to play around some more on this too recently and ran into several issues:

-  the out of the box CA logic that takes a USS (aka Catalog widget submitted) request and creates an SDM ticket CAN complete properties

- BUT, it does so by sequence (or so it seems from our investigations)

- this means that either all your properties need to be required on USS side (which is just user unfriendly if one isn't required in SDM) or you risk having the wrong "USS property" pushed into the wrong SDM property

I agree CA should at least make sure that USS provides the same functionality as SDM employee interface or customers will have doubts going through the upgrade / change.

01-27-2016 08:11 PM

Refreshing here again to encourage USS users for their experiences and to provide CA with more use cases for development.

J.W,

09-11-2015 06:45 AM

Hi All,

Let me refresh the status of the idea. It is still required.

Best,

03-09-2015 07:03 AM

We should also be aware of the fact that USS would require CA Service Catalog to provide that form-functionality.

I would vote for USS+ServiceDesk should provide support for all above ticket types - even without Catalog being in place.

Schöne Grüße,

Tom

01-23-2015 09:17 AM

USS in fact uses CA Service Catalog services and their forms to gather data on ticket submission.

What you are looking for is basically a catalog form smart enough to get the SDM properties of an area and display those. I haven't done this yet, but I guess that is possible.

In fact, Catalog forms are much more powerful compared to SDM properties the SDM properties, so we also face to issue the other way around: what with complex Catalog forms that get submitted into Service Desk? The values will never display nicely in properties...

So my vote would be to make a better integration between both tools while all data still gets entered by end users in USS (read: a Catalog form displayed inside USS)

01-21-2015 11:29 AM

I agree completely.  If USS is only aimed at small / medium business or perhaps as a MSP offering for same, then I could see this for the Nimsoft product.

This is a show stopper for all customers who are trying to move away from the single triage queue and effectively route tickets by engaging the customer for details.

I understand that IF and WHEN an organization can mature their Knowledge Management and Global Search to perhaps reduce tickets from getting into the queue, then maybe you could have the 'simple' create incident form.  However, the way the product is currently delivered, an organization must complete the entire knowledge management update before moving to USS.

I'd like to hear comments from others on how they have migrated from SDM categories with properties to USS.

J.W.