Idea Details

Up to date list of Known Issues

Last activity 06-04-2019 11:57 AM
Josh Coffman's profile image
06-18-2015 12:20 PM

There is a need for an up-to-date and public list of the currently known bugs and limitations of the Single Sign-On product. (Probably all CA Security Products, but SSO is where I am submitting the idea)

I cannot count the number of times we have spent weeks or months working an issue with support, only to find out that "This is a known issue" after banging our head against the wall for no reason.

The list if known issues in the release notes only includes the known issues identified by CA QA at the time of release.

Due to the complexity of the product, it is well known that CA cannot test all customer use cases, so many bugs are not found until the release is out in the wild.

If there was an up-to-date and publicly available list of current known issues (major security flaws notwithstanding), this could save us all so much time, because we could look for workarounds instead of sending logs to Tier 1 support for cases that ultimately won't be resolved without a product upgrade, which can take too long to implement.

Comments

03-01-2017 02:20 AM

Thank you for your contribution of an enhancement idea to the CA Community. CA is continually working to improve its software and services to best meet the needs of its customers. Your input is vital to that effort. The CA Single Sign-On Product Management team has reviewed your suggested enhancement. Based on current roadmap priorities and/or the limited amount of community support for this idea over the last year (please see this document describing how we are reviewing ideas: https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231170123), we are not accepting this idea into the product backlog. Therefore, it is being moved to a “Not Planned” status.

06-23-2015 06:38 PM

Where we already use Wiki please remember also you can help CA product teams improve accuracy if you notice anything is missing or is unclear by clicking on the "Add Comment" button at  the bottom of every Wiki page. Our teams review this feedback and make every effort to include it in Wiki updates.

06-23-2015 06:31 PM

If CA could update the known issues list outside of release cycles with all "bugs" that engineering has identified possibly once a week, this would be very helpful.

I am not exagerating when I say that I can sometimes work with first tier support for weeks, only to find out that engineering says that "This is a known issue that will be addressed in a future release". It is a waste of everyones time, including CA's.

If customers could immediately refer to the up-to-date list of known issues when we run into an issue, or when we are looking to leverage new functionality in the product, we could save so much time.

If the issues were all published to the Wiki in a timely fashion (this is important), customers could also discuss the workarounds we are using, which would also be helpful.

06-23-2015 05:19 PM

We review and update our lists of known issues at the time of our releases and for products that have already moved to Wiki we now have the ability to update these lists outside release cycles. Please post suggestions for documentation updates you feel would be helpful for other users and we will be glad to validate them and update our documentation.

Thank you for bringing this up for us!

06-23-2015 08:53 AM

this is a documentation  issue. they'll probably go no where, along with my doc enhancements i put in recently.

you know, Documentation Enchancement: Quick Reference Guides: Logging and Agent Parameters