Idea Details

UIM: Track user who created maintenance schedule

Last activity 06-13-2019 09:41 AM
Phani Devulapalli's profile image
01-23-2017 05:30 PM

Could you please add an option to track the user who has created a maintenance schedule in UIM . This would be a very helpful option mostly in a environment where the application is accessed by different users and it is important to keep track of who made the changes specially in case of a maintenance schedule which might impact the monitoring 

An additional information under the maintenance schedule which displays the user who created the maintenance schedule would be helpful .

Also user who last modified like moving the device to the maintenance schedule or updated the schedule would also be an added advantage 

example...

created by user "abc"

last modified by user  " def"

date created/updated Mon Jan 23 at 8:30 AM

Comments

02-26-2019 05:44 PM

The status of this request is "New", but it was created more than 2 years ago?

07-18-2018 04:53 AM

Unfortunately, I do not think there is any built-in facilities help you auditing history of maintenance policies.

07-18-2018 01:13 AM

Not sure there is a table with connected user info in UIM, but you might find some useful info below 

Establishing a UIM user monitoring/control system 

07-18-2018 01:03 AM

Thanks Phani.

It seems below query is good to start with :

select distinct cm_device.dev_ip, cm_device.dev_name, MAINTENANCE_WINDOW.SCHEDULE_ID, MAINTENANCE_WINDOW.START_TIME, MAINTENANCE_WINDOW.END_TIME

from CM_DEVICE INNER JOIN MAINTENANCE_WINDOW ON CM_DEVICE.dev_id=MAINTENANCE_WINDOW.DEV_ID order by START_TIME desc;

However , any idea if there is any DB table which shows the users connected to UIM ?

Thanks,

Bhagyesh

07-17-2018 06:56 PM

07-17-2018 12:49 PM

Guys, I am not sure if any other chain for this discussion (help me route to , if any), however I am looking for some auditing functionality from UIM about server maintenance. is there any DB table available to track it down, any idea?

Thanks,

Bhagyesh

03-20-2018 01:51 PM

Any updates , These are the basics which tool must have in native.

02-06-2017 08:02 AM

These are few basic auditing features currently missing from CA UIM, without this information it is not feasible to figure out who enabled the maintenance and who created/deleted the schedule.