Consume & Publish Webservices from IBMi - Solved
As the author of this idea I do consider it to be closed but will not delete it as others may still feel the above solution does not meet their needs
As a Plex developer working on the IBMi only, I'd like to implement my existing business logic as a set of REST published web services via Apache HTTP server using JSON
This idea will help to continue to protect customers' investment in Plex, by allowing Plex developed IBMi database and logic to be accessed by 3rd parties with unparalleled speed.
In-order to achieve this idea, the solution is as important as the goal.
- Built for speed. REST and JSON not SOAP and XML
- Native RPG solution no Java components. Performs as fast as your RPG code can go
- Suggest using YAJL an open source ported JSON library http://www.scottklement.com/yajl/
- Suggest using HTTPAPI an open source tool to act like an HTTP client http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/
- CA Plex IBMi variant has not supported publishing or consuming any webservices previously and suggest not catching up by supporting SOAP and XML but going straight to REST and JSON. SOAP is still important in today's landscape but this idea is aimed at supporting an organisation's internal audience's strategy
Quick background info