Idea Details

XPSExport to export IM objects

Last activity 12-17-2016 09:52 AM
Osarobo Idehen's profile image
02-03-2015 11:28 AM

Hello,

I´d like to export Policy Store in our SiteMinder Policy Server where we have integrated Identity Manager with. But we cannot get it using XPSExport.

I have done the next steps to identify the XPSExport scope:

I have installed SM 12.0 SP3 CR9, and integrate this with IM 12.5 SP12 The Policy Store is SQL Server 2008 SP2

I have created User Directory, Provisioning Directory and IMS Environment from IM Managemenet Console.

After that i have run two kind of Exports of the Policy Store with SiteMinder 12.0 SP3 Factilities:

smobjexport:  ( smobjexport -oBBDD_SmPolicyStoreKeyStore.smldif -dsiteminder -w<******> -k  -v  )

XPSExport:  ( xpsexport .\entire_ps.xml -xa -vT )

Reviewing the exports, i can see that XPSExport do not export IMS Objects and if you see smobjexport outputs IMS Objects are in place.

NOTE: As sample; you can find the IM Version in smobjeexport that do not appear inside XPSExport xml file.

So, i think XPSExport do not export IMS Objects. Do you agree with this?

Does anyone know any possible solution?

I´d like to request one Enhancement Request to resolve this problem in our 12.0 SP3 version.

Thanks

Regards

Carlos Roman

Comments

07-28-2015 12:08 AM

Can you please provide more information on this? We are currently in the process of moving our SiteMinder Policy Store from r12.51 to r12.52 and are stuck due to the fact IMS Objects are not being exported in the XPSExport. We also created a CA case for understanding the approach for the same, but were asked to recreate IDM Directory and Environment to get the IMS objects in the r12.52 environment. Note that this is not a very suitable approach for us.

07-16-2015 03:19 PM

This support was added to CA SSO (fka SiteMinder) r12.5. Thanks for your contribution. I will be closing this idea.

06-29-2015 05:05 PM

Thank you for your contribution of an enhancement idea to the CA Community.   CA is continually working to improve its software and services to best meet the needs of its customers.  Your input is vital to that effort.  The CA Single Sign-On Product Management team is reviewing your enhancement suggestion.  The Community will continue to be able to vote on this enhancement idea.