Idea Details

Support for Tab Control in CA Gen for GUI - F32318

Last activity 03-13-2019 02:52 PM
bkelling's profile image
07-16-2015 05:49 PM

The Farpoint Tab control ocx that was previously support by CA Gen is no longer supported by its vendor and there are no suitable replacements that work with CA Gen 8.5 for developing GUI windows.  I think you CAN use the Microsoft Form Tab Strip, but then it is up to you to place all of your objects correctly at runtime when the tab is clicked.  Very hard to layout and maintain.

I feel that lack of a tab control structure is a gap in the GUI window design of the Gen toolset in Navigation Diagram.  Buttons, Menu Bars, Toolbars, etc, are all included, but the very common tab control is not provided without purchase of a third party product and the standard Microsoft common controls tab options do not work. I am recommending this as a toolset enhancement.  Anyone agree with me that this would be a good enhancement to CA Gen toolset to add a tab control?

Comments

03-13-2019 02:51 PM

At this time, we do not intend to pursue development of a replacement tab control. This idea is being moved to "Wish-listed".

Regards,

Rob Thompson

08-26-2016 10:28 AM

If this idea is something you'd be interested in, we need you suggestion /opinion on what would be the necessary method/property you all looking from tab control to consider new tab control functional.

We are able to see some basic methods/property mentioned below

1.TabTag                        (user defined value associated with the tab)

2.TabState                     (it is number returns the current state of the tab in question)

3.TabCount                    (the total number of tabs defined)

4.TabCaption                 ( text tab's caption)

5.Tab

6.GetTabItem

7.fpINternal: number

8.Forecolor

9.BackColor

10.ActiveTab: the tab with focus

11.About

Please add your methods/property to the above list if it is not up there.

This info will direct us what methods need to be developed exactly.

Regards,

Amit

11-06-2015 05:43 PM

The status of this idea has been set to Under Review as it has more than 10 votes and has been in New status longer than 90 days.  CA will consider this idea for a future release of Gen.  If this idea is something you'd be interested in, please vote for it.