Idea Details

Flexible Maintenance Mode Schedules

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:01 AM
Anon Anon's profile image
03-15-2011 04:14 PM

Allow a flexible setup for "schedules".  Main intention is for Maintenance
outage windows, but since it is a schedule it can be used with other parts of Spectrum.

We have scheduled maintenance events on the first Monday of the month.  Last
business day of the month, last Friday of the month, etc.

Yahoo calendar does this well (specifically the repeat date   function).  It seems to cover many different options, using 3 lines.

[ ] this event does not repeat

[ ] repeat (every/every other/every third/every fourth) (day/week/month/year
/mon,wed,fri/tue & thur/mon thru fri/sat & sun)

[ ] repeat on the (first/second/third/fourth/last)
(sun/mon/tue/wed/thu/fri/sat) of the month every (month/other month/3 months
/4 months/5 months/6 months/year)

This would allow for many more combinations of maintenance modes than currently allowed.

Comments

12-18-2016 01:29 PM

Dear Spectrum Community Users,

This idea is a delivered with CA Spectrum 10.2 release. 

Thanks,

Nagesh 

05-30-2016 06:13 AM

OK, I stay tuned...

05-30-2016 05:31 AM

Hello Frank_Elliger,

Thanks for the feedback. I think you are talking about this idea End date and time in Maintenance Schedule

If yes, then my answer is stay tuned .

Thanks,

Nagesh

05-30-2016 05:07 AM

Thank you, Nagesh.

This looks like the implementation of this idea.

But I miss the posibility to set a schedule from e.g. now until  Tue 6/21/2016 8:00 AM or Fri 6/24/2016 10:00 PM or ....

Regards, Frank.

05-24-2016 12:42 PM

Hello rajesh3.3,

There will not be a fix. But a Beta build to try it out. I will send you the registration and other details shortly to your email id.

Thanks,

Nagesh

05-24-2016 12:38 PM

Yes please, please send me the fix, rajesh@entiis.com

05-24-2016 12:26 PM

Folks,

Also wanted to share the work which is in progress. Here is the screen shot on how you will be able to schedule maintenance mode for example First Sunday of the month.

If you wish to test and try this out in your environment then feel free to reach me at Nagesh.Jaiswal@ca.com.

Thanks,

Nagesh

05-24-2016 12:11 PM

Folks,

This idea is planned for future releases of Spectrum.

Thanks,

Nagesh

05-11-2016 10:25 AM

Seconded.  This idea is old enough to start school.  Implement it or reject it already.

05-11-2016 06:57 AM

Now we are in 2016 and this idea has 55 votes.

Is there a chance for an end of the review?

09-09-2015 03:27 PM

Kiran,

It's possible include schedulles to especific events/alarms ?

For example, every day all my java (Tomcat and Jboss) servers is restarted at 12:00 am and this cause alarms from BigIP - F5 because lost the communications with servers and polls. I need a way to schedulle this alarms from bigIp to do not show on spectrum console because BigIp sent the trap to spectrum.

To servers I solve this configuring a auto operator on Nimsoft and the alarms not show at this time.

Regards

08-27-2015 10:40 AM

I am also adding a strong YES to this as a requirement.  We have no maintenance scheduled as dates, it's always the first, second, third or last Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday of the month.

08-27-2015 10:39 AM

I voted this up.  We would benefit from this request.  We need to be able to schedule maintenance on something like  the 3rd  Thursday of each month or the 2nd Monday of each month.

08-19-2015 11:11 AM

btw - is there any ETA on this feature yet?

08-19-2015 11:10 AM

Adding strong YES vote - the scheduling options cncook001 describes would fit our needs perfectly.

I rate this an extremely high priority based on its ability to significantly reduce repeated manual intervention for our server administrators.

They manage thousands of servers with varying SLA defined maintenance windows - usually on weekends.

Obviously, setting a schedule for "the 20th of the month" - even if correct for the current month, will drift to a different (non-weekend) day very quickly.

Thank you.

11-03-2014 07:29 AM

I like this idea, but I need the ability to make the schedules related to indexes in the sysedge.cf configuration as we have some application checks that only need to run once a week etc.  If this could be included into the maintenance window process that would be perfect.

10-31-2014 03:29 AM

Kiran,

It will be really nice if we could ad end date and time of a maintenance schedule so that there is no limitation in put the device under maintenance.As of now max the device can be put for 72 hrs only and then occurrence can be set which will not be suitable as a customer experience.

10-31-2014 01:50 AM

Hi All,

Yes please more votes would help. If there are any other specific scenarios, please call out.

We are currently reviewing this.

Regards,

Kiran Diwakar

04-24-2014 06:30 AM

I was just about to submit this same idea. We need to be able to specify a schedule of '3rd wednesday of every month' and we can't do that right now.Wish I could vote on this one a few times.

08-05-2013 06:08 PM

Just linked to this idea from my message board post... hopefully get some upvotes from that.

08-05-2013 06:00 PM

I was just about to submit this idea myself. I wish I could give it 1000 upvotes. This is a really crucial, missing, PAINFUL functionality for us. We patch on second and third Thursdays and figuring out how to do this with the REST API was <u><strong>excruciating</strong></u>. In version 9.2.3, the global collection enumeration is broken, leaving me with <strong>no way to schedule maintenance</strong> at all for our patch windows.

08-02-2012 10:49 AM

Any update on this?  I am really hoping to see the &quot;Under Review&quot; tag applied to this idea!

06-08-2012 04:28 PM

If it were possible to vote twice, this is the one idea that would get my double vote. I was about to create my own idea thread on this exact issue.  I&#39;m glad I found this!  Just like cncook001 described, our maintenance schedule uses abstract dates such as 3rd Thursday of Month, Last Day of Month and so on. <br><br>I am a little disappointed that this has not gotten voted and promoted more!  Does anyone know if this is something they are considering? <br><br>-Scott