Idea Details

Prevent Activity being logged if no changes are made

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:08 AM
J W's profile image
By: J W
01-25-2016 01:39 PM

In SDM 14.1.02, the Update Status activity has been enhanced such that if you try to save the activity but did not change the status then you will receive a warning message and you cannot save the activity.

This should be extended to the Transfer and Escalate activities as well.  Currently this allows analyst to log activities which may trigger events without any actual change being made.  The workaround is to create customizations to handle this when there is no business case I am aware of where to create a 'no op' activity should be the out-of-the-box behavior.

A more robust solution would also allow Administrators to set this for any Activity Type.  I am thinking of custom activities here.

J.W.

Comments

02-10-2017 12:21 PM

J_W - Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team is reviewing this idea and is looking for additional input from other community members.

Community Members: If you agree that this is a good idea, please vote and add comments with details about your requirements.

03-07-2016 01:04 PM

I see you have opened this as a new Question.  For those who have followed this discussion, the follow up is now here:

How to Revert request_status_change Form Functionality in CA SDM 14.1.0.02

To be clear:  The Idea I posted is to extend the current condition that a status MUST be changed or the form cannot be saved.  This saves us from creating custom code to prevent undocumented activity logs.

J.W.

03-06-2016 11:09 AM

Hi J.W,

We have implemented CA SDM 14.1.02 (upgraded from 12.6) for a client and they want that the update status should work as it was working earlier (Able to save even if status is not changed, and create an activity log also). How we can implement this functionality again in 14.1.02 version?

Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal