Idea Details

Transparent Login KSH Support

Last activity 06-03-2019 08:40 PM
Adam Roll's profile image
07-05-2016 11:57 AM

Currently supported shells within PAM are bash, csh and tcsh. Korn shell is another prevalent shell used across multiple environments. At current if an account is established with this shell and transparent login is enabled this will cause the applet or third party session to freeze.

Comments

10-06-2016 03:41 PM

HI rolad01 - Yes, this is currently planned for  release after CA World.  We will update you once the capability is delivered.

Mike

07-30-2016 11:46 AM

schead Thank you for your input demonstrating the importance of this. Please ensure to vote up the idea.

07-30-2016 06:49 AM

bash is used throughout Linux. However AIX, Solaris etc korn shell is the prevalent shell used by organisations. To claim support for AIX and Solaris whilst not supporting Korn shell is very deceitful. Bash is a shell that is available as a freeware add on to commercial Unix systems, but not widely utilised amongst large mission critical systems. Csh, in my 22 years of experience within a number of large scale Unix estates, I have never seen used at all. It is an outdated shell developed in the 70's that is incredibly limited and contains a number of inherent security flaws, such as the lack of readonly environment variable support enabling ksh users to exec csh and override administrator enforced variables such as TMOUT. This is why I would remove csh from production systems. If CA would like to penetrate the enterprise Financial market, support for korn shell is more important than adding any other new features.

07-26-2016 10:46 AM

Our organization utilizes ksh. Ditto on getting this shell supported by transparent login. Posting at the recommendation of support: Ticket #10960 - Transparent Login not working for ksh shell

07-06-2016 10:53 AM

This is critical to the success of our largest clients in Sterling, VA. Please consider this enhancement for an immediate release. Thank you!