Idea Details

Documentation Enchancement: Quick Reference Guides: Logging and Agent Parameters

Last activity 06-13-2019 09:50 AM
JoshPerlmutter's profile image
05-28-2015 08:01 AM

I know that the idea is to move to a faster, easier to update wiki.

However for those that have used this longer, quick reference guides would be useful.

Two that i think many would appreciate are Agent Parameters and Logging.

Logging was started here: https://communities.ca.com/message/101076393#101076393

For Agent Parameters, i was thinking you could look at the listing at the end of the regular documents and improve upon that.

a simple chart  similar to below

Parameter NameAgent TypesWhere to SetQuick Definition
AcceptTPCookie

WebLogic

WebSphere

Framework

Traditional

Sharepoint
Agent Configuration ObjectAllows the Web Agent to accept session (SMSESSION) cookies created by third-party (non-CA SiteMinder®) Web Agents. Third-party agents generate and read SMSESSION cookies using the CA SiteMinder® SDK
AgentWaitTime

Framework

Traditional

Sharepoint
WebAgent.conf File

Specifies the number of seconds that the agent waits for the Low-level agent Worker process (LLAWP) to become available. When the interval expires, the agent tries to connect to the Policy Server.

Setting this parameter can help to resolve agent start-up errors that are related to the LLAWP connections. We recommend starting with the default value and then increasing the interval 5 seconds each time until the agent starts successfully.

AppendIISServerLogIISAgent Configuration ObjectInstructs the agent to add the authenticated user name and CA SiteMinder® transaction ID to the cs-uri-query field of the IIS server log. For URLs containing query strings, commas separate the query string, CA SiteMinder® transaction ID, and username in the cs-uri-query field of the IIS server log
AssertByUserIdWebSphereAgent Configuration ObjectDetermines whether the SiteMinder Agent asserts a userDN or a simple user name to WebSphere, a propagation that WebSphere uses to answer J2EE programmatic calls. (This value therefore impacts user mapping and J2EE RunAs identity)

Again, that chart is a sample idea. something to get your thought jump started on what long time users need rather than the new people.

With the quick reference guide, you would be able to remove the parameter listing from each guide  and simply point to the quick reference guide for a listing summary

Traditional obviously means all traditional agents (i believe that might just be Domino at this point)

Framework obviously meaning it's common to all framework agents (IIS 6.x, IIS 7.x, IIS 8.x, Apache 2.0.x, Apache 2.2.x, Apache 2.4.x, SunOne/Oracle Java Web Server)

Comments

10-05-2016 10:50 AM

Herb,

While not what i was thinking it does do the job and does it well. the only left over suggestion, one i expect would need a more thorough review, would be to separate the parameters by where they should be set.

09-30-2016 02:45 PM

Hi Josh,

Let us know if what Tim has modified is consistent with your request.  Thanks.

09-27-2016 11:53 AM

Hi Josh. Thanks for this great idea, which I have now implemented. Please check the updated content, here:
List of Agent Configuration Parameters.

10-30-2015 01:27 PM

Thank you for your contribution of an enhancement idea to the CA Community. CA is continually working to improve its software and services to best meet the needs of its customers. Your input is vital to that effort. The CA Single Sign-On Product Management team is reviewing your enhancement suggestion. The Community will continue to be able to vote on this enhancement idea.

08-26-2015 03:46 PM

for visibility!

06-19-2015 08:32 AM

Dear CA TechPubs,

You have a listing of ACO Parameters that appear in some guides.

this would make  those a link to the Quick Reference Guide.

I used that to make a list and search from in order to validate items such as usage in what's used at my company.

i just came across this page, with a parameter not o your list: https://wiki.ca.com/display/sm1252sp1/_Define+Valid+Federation+Target+Domains_1575676

you either need to keep your parameter list UP TO DATE, or make this quick reference guide  that would be infinitely more  useful and keep that up to date.

Please do the  later.