Idea Details

#FOKUS Notification facility for newly found bugs, problems, major showstoppers

Last activity 06-13-2019 09:20 AM
Carsten Schmitz's profile image
04-13-2018 04:39 PM

(German tl;dr at the end)

There is a need for a notification facility to inform customers about newly discovered issues relevant to their products, in near real-time.

For instance, when a new bug is discovered that has higher than insignificant impact, interrested parties (customers of the affected product or subscribers or somesuch) should get a push notification (by email or similar) about the issue. This is especially vital when a bug threatens the integrity of entire customer sites, such as:

https://community.automic.com/discussion/11081/prb00135332-endless-activation-after-starting-inactive-task-with-go-immediate

---

Wie auf der FOKUS und anderswo gefragt, brauchen wir ein System, dass Kunden aktiv mitteilt, wenn Erkenntnisse über neu gefundene Bugs oder ähnliches vorliegen. Das sollte nicht alle Kunden mit allen Nachrichten spammen, sondern es sollte (per Email-Abbonement o.ä.) möglich sein, sich nur die für seine eigenen Produkte relevanten Infos kommen zu lassen.

Comments

12-06-2018 07:11 AM

Just hope that new system will be an enhancement not a regression .... like for AWI vs Java GUI !

Could be done by a subscription system :

- chose the component you are interested in

- chose type or level of information expected (critical bugs, fixes, performance issues, ... , ALL)

- chose versions you subscribe too :11.1, 11.2, 12.2, ....

And dreaming of the fact that your profile contains a default configuration of your AE environment that can be used to automatically populate all this, with the proper version, if you choose "My Configuration" ..... But this is a dream ....

12-06-2018 04:16 AM

Hi David (ainda02),

I think there's been a worsening here lately. Previously you could see all versions and their fixed bugs in the download area. Now it's just the last service packs and hotfixes.  If you now want to upgrade from an older service pack to the latest one, you can't see anymore what has been fixed in the service packs and hotfixes in between!

At the moment there should be plans to switch to the Broadcom system, right?

Best regards

Tim

05-18-2018 12:17 AM

We don't have the ability to register specific interest in the new case management system. I understand the old system had this capability.
We also don't have the customer environment information required to filter it automatically.
We included a new Data Collection Service with V12.1 which is an opt-in service and will allow Automic to receive customer Automic environment information.
If customers opt-in to his service they can expect the data to be used in the way you describe in the near future.

Meanwhile we do not want to spam customers with information about agents, platforms and integrations in which they have no interest.

We will move to a new CA system in April and may consider this request for the new system.
David
Product Management

05-18-2018 12:17 AM

I fully support this idea.