Idea Details

Shared Component duplication

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:06 AM
npeyrussie's profile image
06-08-2016 10:27 AM

It would be great for us to have the ability to duplicate/rename a Shared Component.

Indeed, our Shared Components are more or less the same, having a few differences linked to technologies.

We do not want to recreate fom scratch the Shared components, having to design again same actions and flows which is really time consuming.

Regards.

Comments

08-29-2017 05:28 AM

Hi Nofar,

Tested and validated on our test environment.

To duplicate a shared component, first "Create Local Copy" in a temporary application then modify it and eventually make it a shared component.

Thank you for the feature.

Regards.

08-28-2017 08:35 AM

Hi, 

In CA Release Automation v6.5, which was released earlier this month, we have delivered the capability to duplicate a shared component revision as a local component in an application. 

Regards,

Nofar Bluestein, 

CA RA Product Manager.

12-09-2016 02:36 AM

I highly promote bullet #2 as well, as I requested it as an idea anyway a while back! We moved away from shared component, because we missed this feature and simply duplicating components from a design application made more sense for us, as it is much easier to adept small things per application

12-08-2016 07:50 AM

Hi Assaf,

The only thing we need is to be able to duplicate a shared component and rename it.

Based on this, what I understand of your proposal is that we would have to :

1 - Select the Shared Component revision we want to duplicate,

2 - Then transform it in a non shared-component,

3 - Before we can transform it to a shared component after having modified it.

That would be an answer to our need even if it looks like a roundabout.

But as you said the second part is not supported by RA 6.3 and above. We really need that feature so we need it in 6.4.

Regards.

12-08-2016 06:50 AM

Hi,

I would like to validate the following proposed solution:

1. Create a Shared Component as a template
  2. Select one of the shared component revision, and create from this revision a regular ("non-shared") component
  3. Customize the new  Component per need
  4. If you wish to share the new component - transform it to a new shared component 

Bullet # 2 is currently no supported by RA (6.3 and below) and we will have to add it to our releases.

Will the above answer on your requirement?

Please let me know

pillo01 - Please also review the solution

Thanks,

Assaf