Idea Details

Data retention not customizable per tenant/customer

Last activity 03-12-2018 07:11 PM
Giovanni Argiolas's profile image
05-19-2017 08:26 AM

Hi,

do you have any plan to address data retention not customizable per tenant/customer

Comments

03-12-2018 07:11 PM

Having an option to set the data retention per tenant would be a really useful option for service providers . 

In a typical service provider environment the data retention policy for the As-Polled (raw data) would be different based on the customer requirement . We have few customers who would like to retain the raw data for around 6 weeks and at the same time few customers would not need this data for more than 7 days .

It would always be beneficial to not store the raw data for longer duration as it eats up good amount of storage space. This is quite possible in a eHealth distributed environment where we can set different roll up schedule for each server part of the cluster , but I do not see any such option in CA PM.

Please add this option in CA PM 

08-04-2017 11:13 AM

Hello arggi01,

This isn't on our current roadmap, however, we've heard this request from MSP customers before and we'll continue to monitor vote count on this.

One possible work around for MSPs offering tiered service levels (gold, silver, bronze) might be to leverage a separate CAPM instance per service level with different data retention on each.  This approach might trade off more servers for storage savings, but if you (will) need the capacity anyway, it might be an option to consider.  I realize this approach doesn't make sense for all situations, but thought I'd mention it.