Idea Details

Enable/Disable DevTest ITR stealing focus

Last activity 01-25-2018 09:01 AM
iancarter's profile image
01-18-2018 09:22 AM

Currently, when you launch a test in the ITR, each step that is ran the ITR will steal the focus so if you're trying to run something in the ITR that may last a few minutes, a user cannot operate on the same machine.  

I'd like to be able to toggle this off or on.  Say, if I had a user that ran an automated process using the ITR for several minutes at a time, they could also work on their machine.

Comments

01-25-2018 09:01 AM

Stage your test locally instead of running them through ITR. It’s also easy on memory. 

01-18-2018 11:29 AM

I realize that I am "Old School" and was there almost at the beginning of this, but I recall that this was the function of ITR this whole time.  It is meant to only be used as a debugging tool, and not a platform to run tasks through.  The focus was purposefully given to ITR to show what was going on and for it NOT to get stuck in a situation that caused it to completely lose focus and result in you having to kill it.

I will grant it may be useful to run through ITR, but it is NOT designed to be a Running Platform.  It is a Debugging Platform and should be kept as that in order NOT to have to run down the performance rabbit hole, the freezing rabbit hole, locking rabbit hole, UI rabbit hole that will occur when you change its function to a completely different function from what it was designed for.

Sorry, cannot add my support for this request.

Cheers!
Les