Idea Details

Save scheduled pdf/csv reports on CAPC server and choose a target directory

Last activity 11-23-2018 09:04 AM
Matthias Lurschack's profile image
08-27-2015 09:13 AM

Customer need the possibility to save scheduled pdf/csv reports on the CAPC server with help of providing a target directory where the files should be save into. Out from that directory, the files are transferred to one or more other servers/fileshares.

Comments

11-23-2018 09:04 AM

Any news if/when this will be implemented?

05-03-2017 06:07 AM

As described by Christopher, this is a basic feature in eHealth.

I can't migrate to a tool that doesn't have this feature.

This is one of the requirements with the highest priority for us.

09-16-2015 03:58 PM

Daniel,

While I only see 7 votes on this and no likes, I can't stress enough the importance of having this feature ASAP.  Here is why.  I am in the process of trying to migrate from eHealth to Performance Management (we are on 2.5.x) but the current hold up is the inability to generate reports from the CLI or any other method outside of the GUI which only schedules a single report to a single email at the specified times.  No option for scheduled reports to save to a specified path or even a default path on the PM server.  No option to schedule multiple reports into a single scheduled task to generate and attach to a single email.  Instead my only options are schedule one report per email and email is the only option.   My hands are tied in a straight jacket if I want to do anything else with these reports.  Currently I use a script to generate multiple reports from eHealth CLI, it creates the PDF's into a path on the server, I then script the pick up of multiple PDFs and attach them to one email.  The email is sent to Service Desk which generates one new ticket for that email and attaches all the PDF's included to the ticket.  This happens daily, monthly, and weekly for various reporting needs to meet our audit requirements.

If I try to do that today in PM 2.5.x, for every report scheduled one email goes out which would generate a new ticket for each email received with one PDF attached.  Our auditors do not appreciate a one ticket for each and every report.  The reports must be captured in PDF so sending a URL would not suffice.

I would love to talk to you over the phone on this issue as I could explain it better than in typed word.  Its that important and that much of a show stopper right now in my migration off of eHealth.

Please reach out to me.

Thanks

Christopher Duryea

09-07-2015 09:02 PM

The R&D team have been looking at options for this request - we would definitely like to hear from the community if you consider this a really high priority and share any specific requirements