Idea Details

TSS should issue a highlighted message when secfile is getting full.

Last activity 05-17-2018 05:26 AM
Jacques_Hulak's profile image
02-17-2016 09:10 AM

We would like Top Secret to issue a highlighted message when the ACCESSOR-ID SECURITY FILE SEGMENT is getting full.

It should be base on a threshold option like it is done for the SECCACHE() control option.

The TSSFAR option SFSTATS and the TSS MODI STATUS don't give an accurate enough value.

We would like to avoid to get message "ACCESSOR-ID SECURITY FILE SEGMENT IS FULL" when defining new acid.

This is very important for us, we have an automate which can create thousand of new acids overnight, deleting them later on within our process.

But, it still keeps our SECFILE to grow because more acids are created than deleted.

Comments

05-17-2018 05:26 AM

Hello,

We would like Top Secret to issue a highlighted message when the SECURITY FILE is getting full and not only the ACCESSOR-ID SECURITY FILE SEGMENT.

Regards

08-30-2017 07:43 AM

Hello Frank,

CA1's THAUDT looks to be the threshold for CA1's audit files.

TSS already issues messages when there is two audit files and a threshold message when there is only one and it reaches 90%.

TSS9207I THE INITIAL AUDIT/TRACKING OUTPUT FILE IS AUDIT2

TSS9203I SWITCHED TO AUDIT/TRACKING OUTPUT FILE AUDIT

TSS9208I AUDIT/TRACKING FILE, filename, AT LEAST 90% FULL

08-30-2017 05:51 AM

Hi, in the CA-1 Tape Management System's option member TMOOPTxx there is a parameter THAUDT that defines the threshold for an alert. It can be defined as a percentage of used records. Would this kind of implementation work for TSS?

05-12-2017 02:22 AM

Hello Don,

I originally brought up this idea on behalf of another customer. But, I assume if we get an alert rather early, we'll be able to take corrective action on time rather than be awaiting the process to fail. 

Sincerely, Jacques.

05-11-2017 12:44 PM

Jacques -

While I like the idea and voted for it (more information is always preferable to less information), I don't see how this is going to help your ACID creation/deletion automation process.

- Don