Idea Details

User login and logout activity report

Last activity 06-13-2019 09:46 AM
Anon Anon's profile image
01-27-2015 10:52 AM

We would like to see a report for all NetQoS/CA products (i.e. NetQoS NPC, NetVoyant, CA NFA) that shows login and logout activity for a specific period (i.e. 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, etc.).  This information would be very useful in determining how often our users log in and access each of these applications.  This could also be used to figure out all accounts that have not been used over a period of time (i.e. 6 months, 1 year), so those could be removed.  I know that we can access some of these information in the logs, but that is cumbersome and prone to human error. So, having a report that can be customized (adhoc) would be very valuable and would add value to these great applications.

If you agree with this idea, I would very much appreciate your vote.  Have a great day, everyone!!! 

Comments

06-20-2017 11:59 PM

We have been researchign the use of CA Priviledged Access Manager as a solution for advanced authentication - in our travels we learned that the solution has really good auditing capabilites and could be used with CA and even other applications within your enterprise. We will continue to consider this request but did want to share that we have a solution today you could speak with your account team about if this is a critical reqeust.

03-15-2016 11:36 AM

Stuart, direct login to NFA does still work with LDAP and SSL if setup.  I believe you may have been using Windows Authentication which is no longer supported in NFA, ADA, UCM, or CAPC, which may be why you couldn't do a direct login to NFA.  You would just have to disable windows authentication locally on the NFA server to be able to get to the login screen directly in NFA, as documented in this KB article: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec616364.aspx

As for the upgrade to 9.3.3, it looks like it is now complete, we should spin off a separate thread for any issues with the upgrade.

03-15-2016 10:29 AM

I think this one has been "Under Review" for about a year.  Any updates from Product?

03-10-2016 09:53 AM

That makes sense. Direct logins don't work anymore when using NPC (even though NPC is not EoL), so no one ever logs in directly on our system. They only go through NPC.

We have been trying to upgrade to 9.3.3 since Tuesday. We have an open case with support about the failures encountered: 00331890: Issues with the upgrade NFA 9.3.3. Any assistance you can provide would be welcome. Our change window closes at 12:30PM central time today. Technically, we're already past our deadline for rolling back, but we're too far in to make the rollback happen in time.

03-10-2016 09:46 AM

The SingleSignOnAuditLog only logs direct logins to NFA, so if you login through NPC/CAPC and drill down, you bypass the NFA sso module and you likely won't see a log event.  The log only gets created if a user logs in. For example I have not logged into NFA so I only see a log from yesterday and earlier.  Try logging directly into NFA and check the \CA\NFA\Portal\SSO\logs\ directory. 

Also as a side note, we would highly recommend upgrading to 9.3.3 as it has resolved some key defects that were in 9.3.1 and earlier.

03-10-2016 09:19 AM

The SingleSignOnAuditLog*.log is not present on my 9.3.1 NFA system. Possibly because I'm using NPC instead of CAPC?

03-09-2016 03:19 PM

NFA also has the same logs on <install drive>;\CA\NFA\Portal\SSO\logs\SingleSignOnAuditLog*.log.  (Thank you Christopher Walsh!)  Just need them to be in a user friendly admin screen. 

03-09-2016 03:07 PM

There are CA PC logs on /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/sso/logs/ with the format SingleSignOnAuditLogYYYY-MM-DD.log that can help.   (Thank you Donald Gray!)

03-09-2016 03:04 PM

Great idea!  We need this for CA PC too.

05-14-2015 09:59 PM

Great idea and supporting comments! Lets see what we can do with this ...

01-29-2015 04:55 PM

Great comments, everyone and many thanks for your vote.  By the way, like others have already commented here, audit reporting is something that is pretty much expected of any applications nowadays.  Anyway, I very much hope that the CA developers take this request and put it into motion soon.  In the meantime, I very welcome any more votes for this. 

01-27-2015 02:26 PM

Any modern piece of software should have this ability. For us it is a requirement to have some kind of audit logging if we want to use it in our ISO27001 certified environment. And for that matter it should be more than just login and logout activity, but it should include logging of any changes they make in the system (settings, changing accounts, adding and removing devices, etc.)

01-27-2015 02:13 PM

Would be nice if this capability was in SOI?

01-27-2015 11:21 AM

Another report that's pretty easy to get in eHealth OneClick, but not available in CA PC.

01-27-2015 11:15 AM

This could be done to an extent with cleverly placed browser views and google analytics.

01-27-2015 11:14 AM

Wow, i thought there was already an idea around this. I guess I was wrong. +1.

01-27-2015 10:57 AM

I have heard a similar request from another customer for this kind of activity report.

All I would add is to also put CA UIM in the list of products above.