Idea Details

Defined Appl Name to be Logged in DB Table

Last activity 02-01-2020 02:02 PM
TRAVIS ANDERSON's profile image
07-27-2018 11:01 PM

I am proposing an addition to have the defined application name logged within the database for each run of the application. Right now when an app runs the name of the application that it runs as is logged in the ESP_APPLICATION table. I am proposing to have the defined application name logged also within the ESP_APPLICATION table so that you can easily identify what applications have not ran within a period of time so that you can easily identify defined applications that have not ran during a specific period of time which is important in maintaining the system.

Problem we are facing now is when you query the db to get the list of apps that have not ran in a period of time it doesn't account for ones that have ran using a different name. Our shop has a good bit of apps that are defined as one name but run as something slightly different.

Comments

07-19-2019 05:59 PM

Hi CHANGMIN LEE, I am aware of the ESP_AMS_DF table. I don't believe this will work for what i am looking for. There doesn't seem to be any way of connecting the runtime name of the app (esp_applicatication table) to the actual defined app name

Unless i am missing something here, the runtime name coupled with the defined application name is really needed to be absolutely sure of what apps have not ran between a period of time.

You could for example run a query against the esp_application and esp_ams_df table and pull out the defined apps that have not ran in a period of time. Upon investigating one of them (say app A) you find that while it is defined as A, it actually runs as B and therefore you cannot delete defined app A which you originally thought you could

07-16-2019 08:57 PM

I see.. ​ESP_AMS_DF table