Idea Details

Increase Maximum Number of Rows in On-Demand Reports

Last activity 08-02-2017 04:48 AM
Nicola Fujara's profile image
08-18-2016 06:48 AM

Hi everyone,

I would like to have the possibility to increase the Maximum Number of Rows in On-Demand Reports to more than 120.

In the moment this number ist hardcoded diúe to performance issues.

I think it would be the best to leave this decision to the customers. We are having a group with 125 elements and want to do a report about those.

Best regards

Nicola

Comments

08-02-2017 04:48 AM

Do you know if there is also a way to increase the maximum number of rows per page?

I can choose to show up to 100 per page but I want to see all in one page.

07-25-2017 02:39 AM

Awesome! Thanks!

07-24-2017 04:11 PM

I got this response from CA support and it resolved the issue.   I raised mine to 200 first, as they recommended for testing performance.   We eventually went to 500 with little notice of impact.

NOTE: The change will be reset during upgrades.

Fix 120 row limitation

• OUT OF THE BOX, there is a forced 120 row limitation for reporting, even on distributed emailed output.
     ::Here are the detail steps for you to up the limitation ( default value of 60 will still show in the GUI report builder )
  • login to capc as root
     :*from the command line type mysql -uroot netqosportal
     :*connect netqosportal

Mysql> UPDATE netqosportal.model_properties SET PropertyValue = '200' WHERE ModelID = 1000280 and MapName = 'Settings/ResultsLimit' and PropertyName = 'SettingInvalidMessage' and Package = 'com.ca.im.plugin.pc';

Maybe start off with like 200, then work way up as you see how it may affect performance when the report runs.

08-23-2016 09:53 AM

Additionally, solving the performance bottleneck in the first place would eliminate the need to enforce a hard coded limit on the max rows...