Idea Details

Business Justification fields on Select Service screen

Last activity 05-31-2019 03:46 PM
Yong.Li's profile image
01-27-2015 01:40 AM

This enhancement idea is opened on behalf of the customer on support ticket #22006434-01.

Identity Manager OOTB Task, My Access -> Request and View Access task, allows an end user to select multiple Service objects on the Select Service screen.

selectService.png

However, we want an additional Business Justification column can be added on the screen, it may look like
busniessjustificationonselectservicescreen.png

This should allow the different Approver  in the workflow to see different 'Business Justification' upon approval or rejection of different service request.

We also want IdentityMinder to allow an approver to input a comment upon approval or rejection, we understand the current History Editor Field allow us to input a general comments, but in a WorkFlow context, the History Display Field should only allow an Approver to see the comments posted on the Service Request managed by her/him.

Original User Story

The flow requested is as below:

-> Tom requests multiple access roles to Bob using modify user (which has the list of application roles). Tom puts a comment of "I want the <access_role_name> by FY15" against this request for the approver to see.

-> As part of assigning the access role, a workflow approval is trigger, and approval is sent to Mary for role1, and John for role2.

-> Mary views the comment "I want the role1 by FY15", and then proceeds to approve or reject the request

-> If Mary rejects the request, then she should be able to provide the rejection reason of "It is FY14, please re-raise this in FY15".

-> John views the comment "I want the role2 by FY15", and then proceeds to approve or reject the request

-> If John rejects the request, then she should be able to provide the rejection reason of "It is FY14, please re-raise this in FY15".
Question: How do I store the comments against each role in the OOTB CA IM product?

Comments

08-21-2015 01:54 PM

Thanks for submitting the idea. The use case is clear, however, at this stage we have not seen a high volume of requests for this enhancement. The idea will be moved to the Wish List bucket for further monitoring and consideration in the future.