Idea Details

CMDB cleanup utlity, remove old cmdb data

Last activity 29 days ago
Anon Anon's profile image
08-26-2015 08:25 AM

Ability to purge/remove cmdb records/entries

The current CMDB is a mess, with a variety of record types/software/hardware/etc, that is not used or is so outdated.  It appears there were several attempts at using the CMDB, in several different ways.

Now we are using only the family's hardware.workstation and hardware.server, the rest of the information in the CMDB is simply dated and we need to be able to clean up the CMDB.

So cleaning up of the CMDB would be a benefit, especially if you wanted to start over again.

Comments

06-15-2018 06:16 AM

All -

We continue to look at this idea to see how it can be built into the product without causing negative impacts to the operation of the solution. As there are many parts to the CMDB, we may approach this idea in phases. To help us, please let us know if there is an area (beyond the CI record itself) that is particularly problematic. 

Thank you,

Carol

02-09-2018 12:17 PM

If we have duplicates or garbage CIs, I currently change the flag to CI = no in addition to making it inactive to at least get them out of the search and scoreboards. 

01-30-2018 06:53 AM

danegrey - Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team is reviewing this idea and is looking for additional input from other community members.

Community Members: If you agree that this is a good idea, please vote and add comments with details about your requirements.

08-19-2016 02:33 AM

Voted up but while waiting for the proper solution, can you live with creative use of pdm_extract combined with pdm_load -r -f ? I might overlook something but that looks like a way to get rid of the said extra baggage.

08-12-2016 12:50 AM

I voted it. Yes, I know some customers env has huge number of CIs and experienced some times to respond the CI's problem. Coracleanup would be solved but it will take a lot of time to complete but it is better to remove the unnecessary CI records from the database.

09-01-2015 11:17 AM

We have old 'dup' data in our CMDB taking up about 30k CI's.  Currently inactive of course.  Would love to get rid of that baggage - would free up space and improve query time.