Idea Details

SMF - Record of Who, What, When Users Made Changes to SSM and RDF Tables

Last activity 02-19-2019 01:32 PM
Anon Anon's profile image
02-21-2014 10:08 AM

As an administrator setting up RDF and SSM tables, I need on demand access to information on what userid made changes at what date/time to my RDF/SSM tables. Specific customer suggestions is that under OPSVIEW option 2.6 of : Relational Table Editor for RDF, OPSMVS should show statistics information similar to the statistics available for ISPF Browse / Edit: CREATED CHANGED SIZE INIT MOD USERID

Comments

05-10-2016 10:04 AM

I think this would need to be at a column or row level, so it can be tracked which resources are updated.  If possible a text field once updating is complete, so that associated change information can be added for logging, like a change number or short description of the change.   

05-10-2016 08:16 AM

Added to OPS/MVS product backlog as:

US99532 - RDF - Audit of Who, What, When, Why Users Made Changes to SSM tables

08-28-2014 09:12 AM

Are you looking getting statistics about who last did maintenance on the tables.  Example: An Administrator deleted a resource from the SSM tables, but it is now causing a problem.  So this data would allow you to see when and who did the last change.

Or did you want to see these statistics updated every time an entry in the table is updated regardless of who or how?

What level of detail are you looking for in these statics?  Did you want it at a Table or Column level.

07-18-2014 04:39 AM

That only appears to show which table was updated, rather than specific items within that table.

It would be better if there was some way to display the stats for the hidden global variables that underpin SQL tables.

Rather more useful for STCTBL_ACT, as the GLVs for STCTBL get reset by SSMBEGIN.

06-18-2014 03:52 AM

Good idea to show that in OPSVIEW 2.6 (right scroll option?). The data is of course already available, see columns create_time and last_update in table TABLE