Idea Details

Spectrum: Landscape Display Name / Alias / Friendly Name

Last activity 06-13-2019 09:28 AM
Arent's profile image
10-15-2013 10:35 AM

We would like to be able to configure a "Landscape Display Name", Landscape Label, Alias or 'Friendly Name' for display in the Spectrum OneClick client.

Landscap Display Name Mockup

In a large environment -25 landscapes here- it isn't GUI-user friendly to have users navigate network model contents under (often near meaningless) host names / landscape handles (i.e. these are the server/landscape identifiers in the Navigation Panel).  It would be great if we could, in e.g. the OneClick server, configure more user friendly names for the landscapes which would predict the contents, e.g. call the landscape "Austria 1" rather than e.g. "viepsppat10 (0x1b000000)" as it is today.

Large companies will have a naming convention for their servers so we have little flexibility on the host name side. We wouldn't have to rely on host names in the GUI if we had this ER in place.

Additionally it would be nice if the "Landscape Display Name" could be displayed in list views such as Locater search results. I would consider this an secondary request / added benefit.

Thanks for your consideration, please see above for an illustration of the potential implementation result and please feel free to contact me with questions and or updates regarding this ER.

Comments

05-23-2018 06:01 AM

Hi Nagesh,

As may have noticed I'm reviewing some earlier posts .
Could you comment perhaps on what the planned release version and/or timeline is for this feature?

Thanks,

Arent

11-20-2017 11:50 AM

Team, please share some ETA? 

04-26-2017 03:09 AM

Hello damir.hoeper

Sorry for late response. This is on our list. We will keep the group posted on the ETA for the same. 

Thanks,

Nagesh

03-28-2017 05:32 AM

Hi Nagesh,

how long should we wait for the delivery?
Please put this more than three-years old "currently planed" idea again on your list.

Thanks

Damir

03-30-2016 09:59 AM

What is the status on this? I was hopping that the idea would make it into 10.1.

06-26-2015 11:07 AM

As we are planning our Spectrum 10 upgrade.  One stumbling block that we have run into is that the landscape names are tied to the hostnames.  To roll out new systems with new hostnames, we would need to also update our scripts and configuration files to reference the new hostnames.  I am hoping that this enhancement will let us reference the landscapes remotely through this "Friendly name".

06-18-2015 01:51 PM

Folks,

This idea is lined up and planned for future releases of CA Spectrum.

Thanks,

Nagesh

03-28-2015 05:19 AM

Thanks for posting the idea for CA Spectrum. We are currently reviewing this idea. We will get back on this soon.

Thanks,

Nagesh

10-24-2014 06:10 PM

Agreed.  While my customers don't ever see their landscapes it would be extremely helpful for internal identification of their landscapes.

01-28-2014 02:05 AM

Agree too. I have a lot of customers, who asked me for that feature.

01-14-2014 07:31 PM

Agree. I need this as well.

11-20-2013 07:22 AM

I'm pretty sure I had included a mockup picture; did you see it? / Where did it go?