Idea Details

Bulk Deletion of Expired QoS Data

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:07 AM
Anon Anon's profile image
04-02-2015 01:04 PM

Hello,

It would be a great idea to add a Bulk Expired QoS Deletion functionality within SLM module to easily manage the overall size of the Nimsoft DB
This Feature have been requested for more than 6 years... i do hope that you will finally handle this request.

Guillaume

Comments

08-28-2018 02:12 AM

Hi,

Since we have delivered delete device option and there is work around available through published perl tool, moving this idea into wish-listed until we productize it.

Thanks,

Sandeep

04-19-2017 12:47 PM

Good idea ! +1

01-19-2017 08:09 AM

Perhaps this published Perl tool can help until this function is officially in the product: https://communities.ca.com/docs/DOC-231164581 ?

04-19-2016 12:43 AM

Voted up

11-20-2015 05:27 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been working with the UIM Engineering Team to begin refining our work regarding the deletion of devices, alarms and qos data in the system. I posted a similar message in the "Delete a device from Nimsoft IM and UMP" idea, but also wanted to be sure that the same message is shared here.

I am interested in speaking via Webex with customers who have opinions to share regarding this ask. If you would like to review plans for the first release of this feature and add any ideas, please send me an email at matt.caraway@ca.com.

Matthew Caraway

UIM Product Owner

06-02-2015 08:38 AM

Hi James,

I agree.

From my perspective, it would be great to have a dedicated portlet within UMP that can provide a global view of all "orphan" devices and thus gives admin/operators (based on their account link) to either delete inventory and QoS for a device or list of devices  OR Only inventory devices OR merge all QoS linked to an orphan device to a new device.

Guillaume

05-29-2015 12:33 AM

Guillaume,

Based on your reply to Anders, I believe your request is duplicate of Delete a device from nimsoft IM and UMP which is already in my backlog.  Please review this other idea and let me know if you agree.  If so I will mark this as a duplicate.  Or I can simply mark this one as "Currently Planned".  Basically what I have in the backlog is ability to decommission both inventory and monitoring and having the option to also deal with the associated QoS.

Best Regards,

Jim Cooke, Product Manager, UIM Core Services

05-22-2015 06:27 AM

Hi Anders,

Well, the request if more removing QoS Data to a device or couple of devices which have just been decomissioned.

Retention Settings in data_engine impacts all QoS (General Configuration) for all devices or specific QoS (Specific Retention) but for all devices.

Guillaume

05-20-2015 07:42 AM

data_engine has a retention setting that will delete all QoS data older than N days (nightly). So perhaps you should explain how this idea differs from that function, cause "Bulk Expired QoS Deletion functionality" sure sounds like the same thing.

04-02-2015 07:17 PM

Hello Anibal,
?

You can request Nimsoft Support for a SQL script that can remove expired QoS...but it is not supported...so not usable in PROD environments !!!

Guillaume

04-02-2015 07:17 PM

This would be nice.