Idea Details

Security resource table (RHDCSRTT) visualisation

Last activity 06-03-2019 08:27 PM
Jan Rabaut's profile image
05-05-2017 10:40 AM

The RHDCSRTT resource table defines the resource type status which is assembled and linked into the RHDCSRTT loadmodule 

It would be interesting to visualize the content of the table from its load module in readable text.

If we look to the program with the task LOOK PROGRAM=RHDCSRTT we actually see the resource type and external class name.

With a display command such as DCMT dis SRTT we would like to see the load module content as shown hereunder.

REST   RESTYPE              TYP SECBY EXTRESCL

DB         DB                           ENT EXT   $IDMS  

DMCL    DMCL                            ENT EXT   $IDMS  

DBTB    DBTABLE                    ENT EXT   $IDMS  

AREA    AREA                         ENT EXT   $IDMS  

QSCH    SCHEMA                       ENT EXT   $IDMS  

TABL    TABLE                         OCC EXT   $IDMS  

DACC    D ACCESS MODULE   OCC EXT   $IDMS  

NSCH    NONSQL SCHEMA     ENT EXT   $IDMS  

DCA      DCADMIN                       ENT EXT   $IDMS  

CATE    CATEGORY                     ENT OFF          

SAPP    APPLICATION                   ENT OFF          

ACTI    ACTIVITY                                       OCC EXT   $IDMS  

SYST    SYSTEM                       ENT EXT   $IDMS  

SPRF    SYSTEM PROFILE               ENT OFF          

SPGM    S PROGRAM                     OCC OFF          

QUEU    QUEUE                         OCC OFF          

TASK    TASK                            OCC EXT   $MIDMS  

SLOD    S LOAD MODULE     OCC OFF          

SACC    S ACCESS MODULE   OCC EXT   $IDMS  

NRU      RUNUNIT                       OCC EXT   $IDMS  

SYSA    SYSADMIN                     ENT EXT   $IDMS  

UPRF    USER PROFILE                 ENT OFF          

USER    USER                                 ENT OFF          

Comments

04-18-2019 04:47 PM

Hello All,

The IDMS Development Team is pleased to announce that we have delivered this functionality via PTF SO07995.  Thank you for submitting this idea and for those that participated in our customer validation program!

Best Regards,

Nakesha Newbury

Product Owner, CA IDMS

02-07-2019 01:05 PM

Hello All,

Our IDMS Development Team is currently working on this feature to display the Security Resource Type Table with a DCMT DISPLAY SRTT command, as well as, a new batch processor to produce source syntax from the RHDCSRTT load module.  This allows for visualization of the Security Resource Type Table online, and provides a means to recover RHDCSRTT source syntax from the load module in the event the current source is lost or in question.

We are looking for customers to join our Customer Validation program.  We have monthly meetings to discuss all new features and get feedback.  As a participate in the program, you get early access to the New Feature APARs.  You can apply and test the APARs in your environment, and provide input to us for change.  Our next call is coming up February 12th, 2019 at 9am EST.  Please use this link to register:  validate.ca.com.  Feel free to reach out to me directly at Nakesha.Newbury@broadcom.com and I can send you a link to join. 

Thank you!

Nakesha Newbury

Product Owner, IDMS

11-14-2018 05:52 AM

Yes, the display of Discrete Security must also be secured. Good input.

11-14-2018 05:07 AM

Because we use this means to show the security it seems advisable to secure this tool, which is the case if it will work via DCMT or LOOK task. 

11-05-2018 03:21 PM

Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team has taken this idea in for review and further research.  Community members, if you agree that this is a good idea please feel free to vote. Also please provide additional input using the comments section.  Thank you!

06-07-2017 03:37 PM

Jan,  I updated the old UCL contribution for R18+.  Have a look and see if this suits your needs.  The program could be modified more to provide a different format to the output.

John

06-06-2017 04:53 PM

The x'68' offset from R16 seems to be the same in R17 but becomes x'B0' for R18+

06-06-2017 04:13 PM

I can see the layout of the load module is quite a bit different in 18.5 compared to R16.   I'll try to horse around with these programs a little bit this week.  I can test most releases on my tech system.

John

06-06-2017 01:44 PM

I wrote one while at a customer site many years ago. Someone else enhanced it. I thought it was on the IUA website as downloadable. 

My design basically recreated the assembler macros. It was very brute force but worked.

The package Gary put up is on this website:

Build SECRTT macros From RHDCSRTT.zip

It may need some changes to the "INITIAL" macro creation for the current releases.

05-05-2017 01:33 PM

Dan Hall (General Electric) also engineered one

05-05-2017 12:22 PM

I think someone wrote a dis-assembler for RHDCSRTT YEARS AGO – Kathy Mander comes to mind as someone who could contribute to this discussion

05-05-2017 12:09 PM

Another great idea.

05-05-2017 11:23 AM

I totally agree !!!