Idea Details

IT Asset Manager - Application Configuration/Maintenance Function

Last activity 06-13-2019 09:56 AM
Ian_Turner's profile image
12-06-2017 03:16 PM

IT Asset Manager needs to have a configuration/maintenance function similar to pdm_configure to maintain the database/application/common component integrations. This for example would make it easier to move MDBs from Production into a QA environment or in the event of underlying OS or DB version changes which often result in new servers (and subsequent hostnames).

Comments

10-03-2018 02:48 PM

Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team has reviewed this idea and determined that it does not have enough support from the Community. Therefore, I have marked the idea as not planned. We greatly value your contributions to our community and are committed to continued engagement with you to improve our products.

01-29-2018 09:02 AM

Thank you for submitting this idea. The product team is reviewing this idea and is looking for additional input from other community members.

Community Members: If you agree that this is a good idea, please vote and add comments with details about your requirements.

01-29-2018 08:40 AM

Thanks Carol. I am aware of the various procedures in-order to do this, but I was hoping that the product itself could make this nice 'n simple with the addition of a tool similar to pdm_configure

01-29-2018 07:30 AM

Hi Ian -

There is the ability to copy the MDB (for example, from production to QA) - How to Move the CA MDB Data from the Source to the Target Systems - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Docum… . Have you tried this process?

01-02-2018 06:49 AM

Carrol, this isnt promotion. I am looking at the ability to move MDBs in their entirity and then re-configure them in a similar (easy to use) manner to Service Desk Manager.

12-22-2017 03:34 PM

Ian_Turner - Have you tried using the "promotion" feature introduced in 14.1.02?  CA APM Environment Promotion - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation ?