Idea Details

FOKUS: Option "age of files" in File Transfer

Last activity 05-29-2019 06:42 PM
Nils Hesselink's profile image
05-24-2018 09:54 AM

Create an option in transfer settings of a FileTransfer that allows you to filter the age of files.

See Attachment.

Comments

04-08-2019 04:33 AM

I have open the similar ticket.

Add filter on age of file in FileTransfer Object 

07-20-2018 03:49 PM

I think it would be necessary implementing hours and minutes as well as some requirements could be "changed" within the last 5 minutes

05-29-2018 04:52 AM

What age exactly?

I'm all for this feature, but defining "file age" is more complicated than that.

On most modern OS, there are dates for last modification (mtime), last access (atime), last change of metadata (ctime) and sometimes birth time.

Time stamp handling varies per OS, OS version (only newer Linux kernels have a birth time) and mount settings ("noatime" setting for performance).

This can even be dangerous, e.g. when using JOBF off of a Samba share that handles times different than the Windows server normally would. You'd possibly copy/move files in unexpected ways.

I vote for your idea, under the precondition that we can select the desired type of timestamp, and the OS-specific agents need to properly handle and translate OS intricacies as needed.

Best regards,

Carsten

05-24-2018 12:21 PM

We have a similar option in Event object. may be that's why we don't have in other places? Just a thought