Idea Details

anyType supporting in webservices import

Last activity 08-18-2015 09:55 AM
Anon Anon's profile image
08-17-2015 04:46 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to import some webservices in Plex 7.2 but i can't manage them because they contains 'anyType' parameters. This feature is not supported by Plex 7.2 at present time.

I think it would be a good thing for Plex developers to get full access to one of the most used methods for comunication between environments.

This idea is related to case 00171043.

Kind regards.

Jose A.

Comments

08-18-2015 09:55 AM

Thanks Brahmaji.

We are at this point in this moment. On one hand, we are negotiating with

our webservices provider the modifications, and on the other, we request CA

for improving webservices management in Plex. As you said, currently Plex

webservice import has limited functionality.

08-18-2015 09:36 AM

Hi Jose,

Basically anyType is ambiguous and a web service can send any data in place of anyType. To process anyType both web service and client should accept a custom standard based on which anyType can be exchanged between them. At the same time

web service and its clients will be tightly coupled with this approach.

I have tested the web service with other client SOAP UI as well. Even SOAP UI also giving error while consuming the web service

response.

To make our web service interoperable , we should avoid using xsd:anyType in web service parameters.

Now we have two options.

1. Modify the web service contract , change anyType to a valid standard type.

2. Add customizations at the client. Currently Plex web service import has limited functionality and it doesn't has any

built in customization to support anyType. Could be taken as an enhancement request.

Thanks,

Brahmaji.

08-17-2015 05:39 AM

Handling anyType correctly involves access to the DOM. Do you have a proposal on how this could be implemented in Plex ?

08-17-2015 05:13 AM

I can't change the type because I'm not the webservice's owner

08-17-2015 05:06 AM

Have you tried to change the anyType to String in the WSDL before importing ?