Idea Details

Visual Interface for BOP_SINFO

Last activity 05-31-2019 02:25 AM
daniel-bighelini's profile image
09-27-2018 08:43 AM

I developed an interface in CA-SDM that makes it possible to view information from any available object in the data model.
The information displayed is identical to that of the BOP_SINFO utility.
If this idea has a good vote, I will make the source code available to the CA development team to incorporate this custom functionality into the next versions of the product.
Watch the video to see the potential of the feature. If you need more information about it, I will be at your disposal.

Goodbye BOP_SINFO! 

Comments

01-28-2019 09:24 AM

Hi Kyle_R,

Any news about my source code?

01-26-2019 05:04 PM

Hi daniel-bighelini - Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community and i loved  to heard about possibility to add on CA SDM.

09-29-2018 03:02 PM

The option '-q' was included.

The name of SQL atribute is showed in detail column.

Regards!

09-28-2018 04:56 PM

This is very useful and handy. You may want to add the -q option to the 'Attribute' too. That helps a lot for "pdm_extract".

Great work!!

09-28-2018 12:26 PM

Thanks CarolPiccus!

09-28-2018 09:32 AM

daniel-bighelini - Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community and for the offer of code . I am in talks with the engineering team about how we might go about this. Stay tuned...

09-27-2018 09:29 PM

Good explanation of the use case - thanks.

I would be happy if it were to appear in either or both locations. It's certainly much quicker to get to the web client - open it up (and it's probably open already) and there it is.

Kyle_R.

09-27-2018 09:02 PM

Kyle_R

I think this feature can be useful also in the WSP context but I think it does not eliminate the need to have it present in the WEB client.
I work on a development team that does many product integrations and it is often necessary to quickly consult details of these objects without having to access the SDM application server. Also because many developers do not even have this access permission for security reasons.
I also intend to build an interface used for diagnostics that shows in real time the use of resources of banks, memory and CPU agents of all SDM servers in a consolidated way, delivering a detailed analysis showing possible improvements that can be implemented in the infrastructure and eventual bottlenecks performance. It's as if you gathered the utilities pdm_vdbinfo, pdm_webstat, db_report in a user-friendly interface to the administrator.
Today this task is almost unfeasible in an SDM installation that can dozens of servers using these utilities in isolation on each server.
So soon I will have more good news about these administrative interfaces.

09-27-2018 08:29 PM

Very nice.

Would be helpful to see such a feature in the base product, I feel, as so many behind-the-scenes technical issues (such as customisations) revolve around the data that bop_sinfo provides.

So anything that exposes this in a more easy fashion is a useful addition.

The only thing that I wonder is whether this maybe should not be included in Web Screen Painter, rather than within the web client. (Could be greedy and have both, I suppose). This is for two reasons:

• Customisations - and bop_sinfo - would seem to be a natural fit for WSP
  • The WSP can be up even if the web client is not up. And customisation work is most often when the web client may be down.

Kyle_R.

09-27-2018 09:17 AM

CarolPiccus - check this out!