Idea Details

Make more device fields searchable

Last activity 13 days ago
ca.portal.admin's profile image
03-22-2012 05:10 AM

I'd like to have the ability to search for devices based on things such as their SNMP sysLocation or sysContact.  As an added bonus I'd also like to have the option to add these fields as a column in the Devices view.  We rely heavily on both of those fields for a variety of NetVoyant functions, so since the information is already in the device configuration and used by part of the product suite it only makes sense that we'd also be able to use them in NPC for search and display purposes.

Under review. Looking to extend the search and display capabilities for additional device fields.

Originally Posted by: Josh Bovee on June 14, 2011

Comments

06-26-2017 04:55 AM

Great Stuff !!!

06-20-2017 11:48 AM

I recently traveled to APJ, EMEA, and across the US the past 6 weeks an a recurring theme from customers is a reminder on the importance of updating the status of customer enhancements - here is a good example where we dropped the ball. I should have changed this to delivered as we not only delivered as promised but also made sure this works for the new custom attributes that were introduced in CA Performance Management 3.0 - i am working wiht the team to establish some new processes for reviewing and updating enhancement requests - in the mean time enjoy this capability its always a pleasure when we can say "Delivered"

07-01-2015 08:28 AM

Thanks for following through on this one Dan.  This is a feature that we'll be using heavily, I'm sure.

06-29-2015 02:47 PM

The second half of the feature that Josh was looking for is now targeted for our next release of CAPM - the targeted feature will be to allow users to display columns in all tables for all configuration attributes - this Is in addition to existing support to create groups and search by ...

10-21-2014 11:48 PM

I just recently upgraded to CAPC 2.3.4 and this is a lot closer to what I was looking for.  I can now search for strings that are in a sysLocation field and get hits, but those fields are not displayed in the devices list.  In addition to this addition, I would also really like to have the ability to add/remove columns to the list views.  We're halfway there.

09-22-2014 04:02 PM

Absolutely what I am looking to do... can't wait to try it.

09-22-2014 03:39 PM

Josh, were you looking for this capability while using NV as a data source? If so, I would guess this enhancement is great, but missed the intent. However, as NV and NPC are no longer in active development (no new features, only bug fixes) I wouldn't expect CA to implement this into NV/NPC.

However, you can accomplish some of this through my properties creator. Have you looked at that? It would be pretty simple to add an ODBC view that would display the additional info.

09-22-2014 03:33 PM

Hi there - today we released CA Performance Management  r2.3.4 and we added support to create groups based using additional fields with the search criteria - I would be interested in your feedback if this was the primary use case for this feature or if you need something else

08-05-2013 07:45 PM

Look at the OneClick Customization guide. This will give you enough detail into creating your own custom column to display these fields in the OneClick UI. Done this myself in the Alarm view for a custom variable binding sent in a trap. As for searching for this attribute, it seems like Global Collections should already do everything you need.

03-26-2012 05:00 PM

Glad to hear this is being reviewed as it would be incredibly helpful for my company as well as many others, I&#39;m sure.<br><br>Thanks!