Idea Details

UIM - History of Maintenance Schedule

Last activity 6 days ago
Phani Devulapalli's profile image
09-07-2016 09:30 PM

Please add the option to check the history of the maintenance schedules in UIM . In a MSP environment , the schedules are sometimes created by customers and deleted from the USM view once the schedule is completed . The entry from the database is removed once the schedule from the USM is deleted . Currently there is no way to go back and check the past schedules if there is any issue reported by the customer as we loose track of the history

I understand that there might be issues with USM slow performance if we have too many entries in the maintenance tables, but there should be an alternative way of reporting on the past schedules , like moving the history of maintenance schedules to a different table for historical reporting .

Maintenance  

Comments

02-20-2018 12:29 PM

AnimeshPanja  there needs to be better filter options in the Maintenance Tab in UMP.

The ones there today are useless: and don't provide any help in cleaning up the existing Maintenance schedules:

I need the opposite of these filters. I need a

•       "Show Only Empty" 
  •       "Show Only Expired Maintenance Schedules"

I need check box options that shows me all maintenance periods that have expired so I can select them all and DELETE them all in one shot. I never need to Hide but Show Inactive Schedules Only. 

02-08-2018 06:09 AM

Phani.Devulapalli Thanks for the insight. I will change the status to "wishlisted" and open the voting again to gauge additional interest from the community.

02-06-2018 05:39 PM

AnimeshPanja Yes, the functionality can be achieved partially by querying the DB  directly, but please note that not everyone using the application would have access to query the DB like someone from the server team or application team and in most  of the cases the maintenance schedules are set and reviewed by end users and not the Administrators . Having an easier option to view this information would be really helpful 

02-06-2018 05:22 AM

The idea is not planned to be implemented. The link to the technical document on how to achieve the required functionality is provided in the comments.

How to get History of Maintenance Schedule

Regards

Animesh Panja

UIM Product Manager

05-22-2017 06:57 PM

DanielBlanco

This might help you 

How to get History of Maintenance Schedule 

Here is another query shared by chrlu01 for list of devices currently under maintenance which might be of help

select distinct cs.name, cs.ip, cs.origin,ms.schedule_id, ms.SCHEDULE_NAME, ms.DESCRIPTION, max(CONVERT(VARCHAR(50), ms.START_TIME,111)) as 'Start Date',
max(CONVERT(VARCHAR(50), ms.START_TIME,108)) as 'Start Time', max(CONVERT(VARCHAR(50), mw.END_TIME, 111)) as 'End Date', max(CONVERT(VARCHAR(50), mw.END_TIME, 108)) as 'End Time'
from CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM cs with(nolock)
INNER JOIN MAINTENANCE_SCHEDULE_MEMBERS msm with(nolock) ON cs.cs_id=msm.CS_ID
INNER JOIN MAINTENANCE_WINDOW mw with(nolock) ON msm.SCHEDULE_ID=mw.SCHEDULE_ID
INNER JOIN MAINTENANCE_SCHEDULE ms with(nolock) ON msm.SCHEDULE_ID=ms.SCHEDULE_ID
WHERE mw.END_TIME >=GETDATE()
group by name,ip,origin,ms.schedule_id,ms.SCHEDULE_NAME,ms.DESCRIPTION

05-22-2017 11:44 AM

What is the db table that holds all the maintenance schedules and shows which machines have a Maintenance schedule applied to them? 

I need a full list to check against since I have to clean up a site and when you run the discovery_server delete procedure, those machines don't get automatically re-added to any maintenance schedules. So need a way to check if any schedules are applied to any machines for a specific hub/site.