Idea Details

Allow inactivity timeout be a role based setting rather than a global setting.

Last activity 03-27-2017 03:46 PM
Anon Anon's profile image
05-20-2011 10:11 AM

Allow inactivity timeout be a role based setting rather than a global setting.

Comments

03-27-2017 03:46 PM

This idea is being Wish-Listed for potential inclusion in a future release.

Before this idea moves to the next stage (Currently Planned or Not Planned), I would like to invite community members to please provide additional input and/or vote. Please note that Wish-listed ideas are selected for inclusion in a release based on multiple factors including - number of votes from community members, alignment of idea with a release's themes and goals, complexities and risks involved in implementing the idea, so a timeframe for availability of the idea as a product feature/functionality cannot be provided. Additionally, the implementation of your idea may not be exactly as requested and/or may be delivered in a new user experience. 

08-09-2015 08:08 PM

Thanks Tammy.

That makes sense.

Kyle_R.

08-07-2015 10:19 AM

Hi Kyle,

I had previously also submitted this as an idea, so I'll provide my business benefits for this idea.

In order to be more efficient with license usage, we would like the ability to 'time out' our 2nd level analysts after a shorter time, while giving our 1st level analysts a longer time out duration.  We have found that our 2nd level analysts tend to go to meetings or walk away from their desks quite a lot and don't log off the system.  However, our 1st level analysts use the system all day long, and when they are on a longer telephone call with a customer having the 'time out' occurring while on that call is disruptive.  They tend to need longer durations of inactivity while working on the telephone with customers.  

Thanks,

Tammy

08-07-2015 12:02 AM

Could someone expand on the business benefits from having timeouts being Role dependent?

There's a cost/benefit to be done here from getting the extra functional flexibility vs the coding time to implement and maintain.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

02-20-2013 12:20 PM

I've submitted this exact enhancement before!

12-14-2012 08:40 AM

This is very important specially when using multy tenance