Idea Details

Put alarm thresholds on the UMP/USM graphs.

Last activity 05-29-2019 03:38 PM
Anon Anon's profile image
04-02-2015 11:12 AM

It sure would be nice to see the alarm thresholds of a given metric on the graphs for data.? Our old monitoring system did this, and it's a nice feature giving operators more insight into issues.

Attaching example:

Indicative Graph:
Indicative Graph with thresholds
Nimsoft Graph:
Nimsoft graph

Thanks
Erik

Comments

08-13-2018 10:25 PM

Indicative graphs > UIM graphs, ijs, we shouldn't lose functionality like that

06-08-2017 04:25 PM

Has this feature been added to the latest release of UIM 8.51?

04-19-2016 12:42 AM

Voted up

05-06-2015 08:48 AM

Agree.. thresholds and baselines (if applicable) should be visible on all graphs, by default. A graph without those tells you nothing, perhaps a spike is normal, perhaps not, without the baselines and thresholds, you do not know. 

04-02-2015 06:32 PM

I think the threshold values should be send as a part of the QOS message - the probe knows what the threshold is, so it would cause the least overhead.

Hi Dan, Can you provide more information on where to do this? Also I think most Nimbus users would want it to be a tickbox option that is available to all graphs as a checkbox "show thresholds" rather than having to create monitors etc.

After all we are interested in looking at why this machine/ group of machines is not working as expected. To know "how" it is not working as expected we need to know what we are currently seeing above/ below thresholds.

o be honest I?can't think of why you would not want to see the thresholds on all graphs!

Hi Eric,

I'm I'm understanding you correctly, you would like a threshold line to appear on the QoS graphs. You can accomplish this by creating QoS monitors. Simply select the QoS constraint that you would like to apply a monitor to and click the drop-down arrow that appears to select Create Monitor. This method would allow you to create a baseline from alarming and it would display the line in your chart.

Dan